News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plug readings

Started by comet_666, July 07, 2022, 12:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Just swapped out my plugs for a fresh set, what do you guys think of the readings?

comet_666

5 6 7 and 8

thanks!

metallicareload99

If nothing else, this is a bump, hopefully someone who knows will come along:

Dual plane manifold? Looks to me like the plug is a little hot and the tune is a little rich and maybe too much total timing? Also looks like cylinder 7 might be robbing some fuel from the other three cylinders fed by that side of the manifold assuming it's a dual plane. Not sure of what effect on appearance if these plugs are as driven around on vs say a full throttle pull through all the gears with the engine shut off immediately and coast to a stop :shruggy: Again this is just my nonexpert thoughts, hopefully someone with knowledge will chime in
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

b5blue

I think it's pretty good without knowing how much they were in for and how much the car is used. I used my car a lot and with an automatic choke the 2 mile trip to work the plugs loaded up quite a bit!  :2thumbs:

metallicareload99

:iagree: that's a very good point, idling my car during this engines first winter fouled the plugs up somewhat. I concluded that I needed a hotter plug based on that (wrong).

comet_666

Thanks for responding! I'm running a Edelbrock performer RPM dual plane, probably not enough full throttle runs, mostly driving around town, they have been in the car 2 years or more now
AFR around town is 13.5 - 14.5. these guys used to be sooted up pretty good before I started using FI.

metallicareload99

What plug or at least heat range are you using? I can't tell from the pictures. I was hoping more would've chimed in on this  :shruggy: I did the same plug check about this time a year ago, and I confirmed my heat range was too hot. My plug also has the "too much timing" look, but I wonder if that's from running "vacuum" advance? My cruise timing is set to at least 42 degrees. My idle is on the lean side and also at cruise I suspect I'm running a lot leaner than you are. I do a lot of street driving also, so I imagine it kinda makes reading the plug murky  :shruggy: