News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cruising the Upper Peninsula in a Wing Car!

Started by Birdflu, July 19, 2022, 05:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdflu

The wife and I took the 'bird for an extended drive last weekend! We attended the 'End of the Road Car Show' in Copper Harbor Michigan located at the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula. It was a great time! 67 degrees, live band, about 100 cars...you get the picture! Ended up putting about 230 miles on the 'bird that day(we cheated a little and towed the car from our home in Minnesota to our cabin in the U.P.) Heard some great stories and made some smiles!

Birdflu

Check out the red arrow...390" mark!

Mytur Binsdirti

The 2nd picture looks like it was taken in Panavision.

Birdflu

When I resized it, that's how it turned out...kinda irritating!  :flame:

held1823

Quote from: Birdflu on July 20, 2022, 06:37:33 AM

if you use paint or a similar program, make sure the "maintain aspect ratio" box is checked

sounds like a great trip
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Sounds like it was fun.......... And, being from Florida, I can't even fathom that much snow.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Golden-Arm

Quote from: Birdflu on July 20, 2022, 06:37:33 AM

when you resize, don't go by pixels, go by percent. so, your original pic, chose 75%, and apply it, then see how it looks. need smaller? reduce that one by a smaller number, and try again. your height/width aspect changed, because you didn't choose a percentage to reduce by.

that much snow sounds epic, but it's only 30 inches of rain that did that. hurricane easy (the name of the hurricane) dumped more rain than that, in a single day.  (38+ inches in 24 hours) :nana: nice birdie.  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

I went to Copper Harbor & all around the Keweenaw Peninsula a couple of Years ago. Nice up there. LEON :2thumbs:

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             21 July 2022

We did the UP on I-75 North in 1974. Had our Hemi Daytona up to 140. Had to slow down; our chase car sent us a warning that a MI State patrol was heading our way. Ruined our day. We had hoped to peg the Speed-O. Never tried it again.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

4cruzin

That looks like alot of fun!  Funny my wife mentioned that she would like to do something like that . . considering a trip!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .