News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX29L9B388180 - Mecum Dallas - lot S148 - September 2022

Started by held1823, July 20, 2022, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 426HemiChick on July 24, 2022, 05:01:04 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 21, 2022, 02:51:12 PM

he passed away and the family is selling it off , His grand son is heartbroken they are not keeping    

Hi Stuart,            24 July 2022

Really sorry to hear of his passing. Think we know how his grandson feels. We still miss our Daytona, we had it 48 years. The one thing that eases the pain of parting with her is that she now has an excellent home and caretaker in Bob Jennings. We hope the Good Doctor's Daytona finds a good and loving home.

Thank you Stuart.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Maybe Bob should Buy it to add to his Collection?

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 24, 2022, 11:32:25 AM

Maybe Bob should Buy it to add to his Collection?

Hi LEON,              24 July 22

We wouldn't put any money on that "NOT Happening."

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: Davtona on July 23, 2022, 10:39:45 PM

In 2007 I met Dr. Bill for the first time at Rich's Aero car get together the day before the Monster Mopar Show. The next day he invited me to ride with him and I was doing parade laps around Gateway Raceway in this car. I took this picture out thru the rear window of his car as we lapped the track. I always thought it looked like we were racing the bird. I think Dr. Bill kinda maybe was. He was a bit of a hotrodder at heart. We spent the weekend talking off & on about the car and its history. Then we parted ways. The next year 2008 I gave him a copy of this photo. Like to think it made his day and I think it did. Can't remember for sure if he gave me another ride that year but I think he did. Last time I saw him and the car was in 2009 at the last Monster Mopar show. As with others he will be missed. I to hope the car goes to someone who really wants a Daytona and appreciates the car and it's history. It has history, trees, I beams and such.

The negative battery post is indeed a cutoff switch. I saw him lift the hood and use it after driving the car. He took the best care of that car that he could and that switch was an example of that. As far as the positive post not being correct goes I don't think that bothered him in the least. Most of us (including me) are wrapped up in making these cars as perfect and correct as possible. He wasn't so worried about that part of the hobby. He loved this car and drove it, hotrodded it and just enjoyed it. At times like these I'm reminded that maybe he was closer to being right in this area.

Hi Davtona,               24 July 2022

Thanks for your wonderful tribute to the Doctor. We never met him but wish we had. Yes, his Daytona should end up with someone in the hobby that will appreciate and care for it. Speculators ruin things for the real Mopar folks and everyone else. Someone in Missouri found out we had the cars and asked if they could see them. The main guy met a guy that worked for me in Japan. The guy that worked for me happened to mention we had the cars and gave them our phone number. (corrected / edited 27 July 22)

They called and asked if they could come down to see the cars. We gave them the OK and they showed up with three trucks and trailers. We let them see the cars then they sat in their trucks with their cell phones trying to sell the cars before they bought them. We ran them off.

By your screen name, we have a feeling you have a Daytona. If you don't, we hope you have the chance one day soon. They are mystical in that there is a bond between them and their care taker. You really don't own them, they own you.

Take Care.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court