News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger Daytona *clone* with VIPER V-10

Started by RD, August 14, 2005, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

anyone know of this car?   I just picked up a Muscle Car Review magazine (Summer 2005) and it has this car from Peoria, Arizona owned by Al Orzechowski.   clean, very clean looking.   I dont have a scanner so I cannot get the pics, nor can I find a website dedicated for the magazine itself. oh and the v-10 puts out 694 hp.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

gsmopar

If it's a red one I saw it last year at the Goodguys carshow.  Actually maybe the year before.

hotrod98

Is this the one?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

bull

What's with the red do-hicky bracket over the engine?

mustanghater

that thing was built when they started selling the copperhead crate engines
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RD

yeppers that was the one in question, and bull, i have no idea what that doohickey is?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

rebby

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2005, 08:27:40 AM
It looks a lot like a "strut tower brace". It just ties together your front end on the top side to help reduce body flex in high speed cornering.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

hotrod98

Here's the interior shot.

Charles Addams

Telvis

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2005, 08:27:40 AM

its strut tower brace, theyre good suspension improver especially if hes got viper/modified suspension, not stock torsion bars
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Daytona Guy

This is a beautiful car. All the way around. The E5 red is a nice color Dodge put out. Things to note for you Daytona cloners. The center piece of the fiberglass wing has twisted. One the the difficulties of using Fiberlass on thin long runs like a wing, even with metal bracing in it. Not sure what they used for rear glass. But it appears that the back glass does not look right. I have pics of it, and from people that have seen it at shows, that it appears to either be a flat piece of glass or the plastic glass has sagged.

Did you notice the cut out finder wells. What do you guys think?

The suspension, motor and interior are incredible. All the way around a good show. This guy is one Lucky dude. 

wetfeetmi

The tower brace is standard equipment on G.T. 350 Shelby Mustangs. Love the Clone, but I would rather have a Hemi. (Probably would have been less expensive, too!)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 15, 2005, 01:12:52 PM
I didn't even notice those...I think they look better stock.
Does it have Viper suspension too?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

IBsmokin

there was an article in one of the mopar magazines, I will have to breeze thru all my mags and find out which one it was exactly.
do you guys save every magazine as well?

Brock Samson

it's ok, but seems to be missing things,.. Like wipers and mirrors and the daytona stripe... and the a pillar stainless and wheel well trim...
looks like his firewall is inna stock location but is missing stuff,...
and personally i like yours allot better Daytona Guy...
in fact i like highbanked haulers 500 better too, n he's gotthe same radiused wheel wells..
but that's just me..
I love that red '71 superbird ? in the photo shot by G series in off topic.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1069.0;id=2466;image

2fast4u

I guess the fenderwells are that way because it was lowered....or should I say "slammed" for the younger generation!

The taillights really suck in my opinion....it's like...why bother using the body if your going ruin the best looking part of the car?!  I've always liked the taillights of the 69 Charger with the chrome trim and the blacked out part around the taillamps!   If they were going to do that then they should've at least used the 70 taillamp chrome trim....at least that would make it look better!!!   IMO!

But over all the car is very nice!!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Andrew

Quote from: 2fast4u on August 15, 2005, 11:17:15 PM
  I guess the fenderwells are that way because it was lowered....or should I say "slammed" for the younger generation!

The taillights really suck in my opinion....it's like...why bother using the body if your going ruin the best looking part of the car?!   I've always liked the taillights of the 69 Charger with the chrome trim and the blacked out part around the taillamps!     If they were going to do that then they should've at least used the 70 taillamp chrome trim....at least that would make it look better!!!     IMO!

But over all the car is very nice!!
oh, i thought they just hadnt put the taillights on yet, it looks weird without them

RD

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 15, 2005, 05:01:47 PM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on August 15, 2005, 01:12:52 PM
I didn't even notice those...I think they look better stock.

no it doesnt.  the guy built his own front suspension (said it took like 6 months or something, limited resources maybe?).  its a front tubular upper and lower control arms and k member i believe.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RD on August 16, 2005, 11:30:18 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 15, 2005, 05:01:47 PM

no it doesnt.   the guy built his own front suspension (said it took like 6 months or something, limited resources maybe?).   its a front tubular upper and lower control arms and k member i believe.
Hmmm, I'd like to see how well he did on that. :)

I agree with 2fast4u about the taillights too, it looks too bland back there. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

I thought the story was that Jay Leno bought that car at its first show......true?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cudaken

I wanted to do a clone and was but life took over, had to settle with the current project. I have a agree, beside the engine, Charger just does not look right.

As far as the inside, hum that look's like the weak part to me.

When or if I ever get to do a Daytona clone, only way you will be able to tell it is a clone if you check the vin. Well the blowen 440 might give you a hint.

Born to Run, Cuda Ken
I am back

hydroforce

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 15, 2005, 09:48:15 PM

I love that red '71 superbird   in the photo shot by G series in off topic.

those cars were at the mopar car show in Vernon Ct. last year

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

G-Series

Nice pix :icon_smile_big:  We'll be there again this year too along with the Melon....mmmmmmmm..melon ahhhhhhhg

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

andy74

sure would be an awesome ride to have-and the few things that are goofy would be an easy fix, but he was going for a custom/street rod type look i think,not a "real" look,or even an exact clone? 

hotrod98

It's a very nice looking ride.
I'm going for a more traditional look with my Daytona clone. My biggest decision at this point is whether to go with the steel valance, latch tray, etc or go fiberglass. I realize that I will pretty much have to settle for the f/g nose, but it would be so nice to have the other components in steel. The cost of the steel components may dictate my decision.
One thing is for sure...it will have a hemi.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

Ponch ®

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 16, 2005, 03:46:25 PM
I thought the story was that Jay Leno bought that car at its first show......true?

Not sure, but a couple of years ago that car was at one of the Fling shows here in SoCal and I remember seeing Jay checking it out. 

wait..what am I doing posting in General? :leaving:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

IBsmokin

There is an 4 page article of this car in MUSCLE CAR REVIEW MAG summer 2005 addition. on page 92 to 96.

djcarguy