News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger Daytona *clone* with VIPER V-10

Started by RD, August 14, 2005, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

andy74

sure would be an awesome ride to have-and the few things that are goofy would be an easy fix, but he was going for a custom/street rod type look i think,not a "real" look,or even an exact clone? 

hotrod98

It's a very nice looking ride.
I'm going for a more traditional look with my Daytona clone. My biggest decision at this point is whether to go with the steel valance, latch tray, etc or go fiberglass. I realize that I will pretty much have to settle for the f/g nose, but it would be so nice to have the other components in steel. The cost of the steel components may dictate my decision.
One thing is for sure...it will have a hemi.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Ponch ®

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 16, 2005, 03:46:25 PM
I thought the story was that Jay Leno bought that car at its first show......true?

Not sure, but a couple of years ago that car was at one of the Fling shows here in SoCal and I remember seeing Jay checking it out. 

wait..what am I doing posting in General? :leaving:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

IBsmokin

There is an 4 page article of this car in MUSCLE CAR REVIEW MAG summer 2005 addition. on page 92 to 96.

djcarguy