News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Must be nice living in California?

Started by hemi-hampton, November 02, 2007, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

The car was one of the most highly optioned & exspensive 69 Roadrunner made. Yes, It has factory Cruise control (a pain in the ass to reassemble under dash :brickwall:) Owner was most excited & obsessed with bumper guards. Constantly ranted & raved about them non stop. Car originally had Hub caps. He still has them in good shape & I keep telling him to put them on. I hate the black Steelies unless on a original 6 pak car. They got a couple of minor scuffs & he don't want to pay like $1,000 bucks to have them restored so he wont put them on. LEON.

Ghoste

Which is funny on a sedan body.  Not funny, but interesting.  Its an Air Grabber as well?

hemi-hampton

Luckily it was a low mileage original owner car. It still had most of it's factory inspection marks visable after a good cleaning with power washer. LEON.

hemi-hampton

some more.

hemi-hampton

I like to paint behind my Quarters before I install them. Never see it but better protection. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2014, 02:47:15 PM
An interesting car the way its optioned actually.  Bumper guards, dual exterior mirrors, plain wheels, vinyl top.  Is that a cruise lever?

Ghost, Here's some of the options on his display card. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quarter Panels were spot welded on with spot welder for factory look. Not fake like most people do them. LEON.

p.s. I know, a old post I stumbled upon.

375instroke

So refreshing reading political bu||$#!t here.  Thanks.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 375instroke on June 27, 2021, 06:55:04 PM
So refreshing reading political bu||$#!t here.  Thanks.

Nothing Political about this post, what the Hell you talking about????

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on June 29, 2014, 04:29:23 AM
Leon great work. With that said keep in mind that since California is right by the ocean there is rust to be had on cars for sure; my charger was an Arizona car that moved to California and it developed rust in all of the usual areas.  Couple that with the leftist drivel, constant assault on 2nd amendment rights, restrictive smog laws and the laziest group of people in the country, all I can say is to HELL with California...
I have always liked your outspoken ways!

hemi-hampton

somebody tried to hijack my post years ago :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Almost 7 years ago...You don't remember?   :smilielol:
Yeah...I like that Myk guy. He quit posting here and started up at FBBO.....then quit posting over there.

AKcharger

Well done HH!
- how do you weld through that paint on the 1/4s
- most impressive is the stamp/making replication
- that's why I bought my last Charger in California

hemi-hampton

Quote from: AKcharger on June 30, 2021, 06:17:25 PM
Well done HH!
- how do you weld through that paint on the 1/4s
- most impressive is the stamp/making replication
- that's why I bought my last Charger in California

Since the 1/4's were new there was no paint to weld through. the 1/4's were painted after welded.
luckily being very original many factory markings were duplicated, others were what should of been on there but couldn't read them.
That's why my 70 R/T was from California & 100% rustfree. :icon_smile_big:

GMP440

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 01, 2014, 10:39:18 PM
I like to paint behind my Quarters before I install them. Never see it but better protection. LEON.

I did the samething too when I welded in new metal in the lower rear quarters.   I primed and painted inside before I welded in the metal.  I also sprayed Black Bear rust proofing lube a few weeks after everything was done.

472 R/T SE

Heck with that state.  The NW had just as nice of cars if not better.  No sun to destroy interiors.  You might come across a moldy interior.
My blue 70 Charger was an original Junction City, Oregon car and ol cudaken said I was full of shit when I said it only had rear window rust, lol.

Treehuggers...never used salt for years until recently.  Right before I left they were using salt at the end of the winter months cause they couldn't get chemical and salt was cheap...so they said.
Lemme tell ya, gravel sucked too, lol.