DodgeCharger.com Forum
November 28, 2022, 04:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 Charger Paint and Stripe Questions  (Read 480 times)
Yellow Charger

« on: August 07, 2022, 05:09:07 PM »

1967 Dodge Charger paint questions:   Was the roof stripe painted on or vinyl? Directions I have states that all stripes were factory masked. What does this mean?   My stripe was black.   Is it ok for the paint process to be base coat, then clear coat?  I think it was originally base coat from the factory.  Thanks!
hemi-hampton
Old Timer

mopar or no car

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 09:40:56 PM »

1967 Dodge Charger paint questions:   Was the roof stripe painted on or vinyl? Directions I have states that all stripes were factory masked. What does this mean?   My stripe was black.   Is it ok for the paint process to be base coat, then clear coat?  I think it was originally base coat from the factory.  Thanks!

Nobody was using base coat in 1967. most likely 2 coats of Acrylic Enamel back then. Any Mopar dull flat or organisol Black was Lacquer. DDL9355 to be precise. LEON.

ODZKing
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 07:57:17 AM »

Yes, they were painted, masked means basically taped off.
Here is a link on my website of the stripe and paint codes.
http://www.retrorarities.com/ChargerStripe/index.html
http://www.retrorarities.com/images/ChargerPaintChart.pdf
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: