News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hauntworld u tube video Mopar nightmare

Started by MsMopar, August 14, 2022, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

sure would love to spend a day looking  around there  :yesnod: 
, good video thanks for posting MsM  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AKcharger

Thanks for posting if 5 of those cars ever see the road again I'd be amazed

MsMopar

Thanks, I figured I wold have got a good thread going on this but maybe it is a bit too long.

tan top

Quote from: MsMopar on August 16, 2022, 08:21:00 PM
Thanks, I figured I wold have got a good thread going on this but maybe it is a bit too long.

yes maybe   :yesnod: although ive noticed alot of posts dont seem to get much responce, think most  just read a thread , with out responding & or  there are a lot of members that have left ,  for one reason or another ....  maybe with a lot of newer members & or  younger people getting into the hobby , would just rather read & or watch stuff  :shruggy:   this site is not like it use to be or even the old site when i first joined ! think a lot of old members that  are still here  have thought the same
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AKcharger

The site has absolutely changed, one reason I sold my other '70 is I sensed that the hobby was dying..but its not the hobby but people that are dying off

But as for post some stuff is popular, some not so much

dreamcatcher

It is a good thread no doubt. But places like that with all the cars and parts make me sad. I have been to so many auctions where these people have died. Most of these cars and parts are allowed to rot away and never be sold to someone who will use them before it is too late.  :Twocents: But thanks for sharing the thread. I think most people just look and don't really know what to say. I would have a huge list of things from that inventory I could put to use  :drool5:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Aero426

There's going be one heck of an auction someday.

hemi-hampton

He needs to hire about 10 more guys to help get these cars Restored. another 30 guys maybe. LEON.

MsMopar

Just thinking "that's where all our parts are at"

grdprx

That's a really cool video, thanks for sharing!  I only made it about halfway through, constant demands for my attention.  I don't post too often because I don't have a lot of useful information to add to the conversations.  My attention has been pulled from my car for a few years with family activities, primarily training for hiking treks with my son and his scouts.  Working on the car can take a toll on my body, so I had to forgo that in order to maintain my physical shape to backpack with him; but it was worth it, memories for a lifetime.

I'll bookmark this video to finish watching it, but I felt the host was inflating his values.  Still a really cool collection, too bad it's just being hoarded.

StoneCold

As mentioned in the video,  numerous cars were purchased from R&R.  I'm sure many of the "old timers" remember this ad in Hemmings and various Mopar magazines from the early 90s.

hemi-hampton

I remember that Ron Slobe place. I must be a oldtimer :scratchchin: LEON.

moparstuart

went there several times as a late teen hunting parts   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,             31 August 2022

Remember a similar place in the Fort Worth / Dallas area along I-35N, north of the I-35W and I-35E merge north of Denton Texas. It was full of Mopar and possibly other brands. Often thought I should drop in and see what they had. Never did and now regret that I didn't. Don't even know if the place still exists as land prices in that area have soared. Probably apartments now grace the land.

Think I'll check with a friend still in the area.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               31 August 2022

Checked with our friend in Texas, the place is still where we said it was, now still is. It's called CTC's Auto Ranch Inc.. Here's the info for contacting them:

CTC's Auto Ranch Inc.
***We Only Do Antique & Classic Cars***
3077 Memory Lane / I-35 North
Denton Tx 76207-4919
(940) 482-3007 or (844) 831-6430
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00-5:00
***Closed Saturdays & Sundays***
Email: ctcautoranch@ctcautoranch.com

Hope this helps.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Back N Black

After listening to the tone of the questioning, interrogation style, and the sarcasm of the interviewer, it becomes obvious why no one is allowed into the collection. I would of kick him off the property in the first 5 minutes. But awesome collection.

hemi-hampton

Yes, His Interviewing style was kinda confrontational & irritating, I hate when he kept saying, Why is this car just sitting here like this? Making the guy feel like Fred Flintstone as shrinks & shrinks smaller & smaller in his Chair after getting Interrogated by his Boss.  :shruggy: :slap:

ACUDANUT

The interviewer did nothing but make this guy feel like a millionaire.  The owner will never sell anything in his life. Tragic.

426HemiChick

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 07, 2022, 07:15:16 PM
The interviewer did nothing but make this guy feel like a millionaire.  The owner will never sell anything in his life. Tragic.

Hi ACUDANUT,                 07 September 2022

Hello Dear, been awhile since we last communicated on the board. Hope you are well and beautiful as ever.

Think maybe the right person, with good communication skills and deep pockets can possibly persuade him to part with some of his gems.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Confrontation will only get you shown to the door. Time will tell.

Best Always

425 Hemi Chicks

HANDM

Well the owner of all those is certainly sitting on a small fortune but sadly it won't be realized for probably several reasons. He might already be wealthy and the though of selling for monetary profit isn't his thing, he may also just be a hoarder plain and simple and we've all seen that show before.

Sadly both are probably true and the "hoard" will most likely sit until his death at which time his family not wanting to be saddled with it. will sell it for pennies on the dollar.

I just recently sold my "hoard" of 69 Charger and 70 Challenger parts for pennies on the dollar and simply put, I didn't want to saddle my family with it.

As you know I have  69 Charger and 70 Challenger that usually just sit as they have for the last thirty years and one of these days/ years I'm just going to sell them as I don't enjoy working on them any more, and the only pleasure I get out of them anymore is to simply look at them.

Will I change my mind? Mayhap I will or mayhap I won't........

426HemiChick

Quote from: HANDM on October 13, 2022, 09:56:48 PM
Well the owner of all those is certainly sitting on a small fortune but sadly it won't be realized for probably several reasons. He might already be wealthy and the though of selling for monetary profit isn't his thing, he may also just be a hoarder plain and simple and we've all seen that show before.

Sadly both are probably true and the "hoard" will most likely sit until his death at which time his family not wanting to be saddled with it. will sell it for pennies on the dollar.

I just recently sold my "hoard" of 69 Charger and 70 Challenger parts for pennies on the dollar and simply put, I didn't want to saddle my family with it.

As you know I have  69 Charger and 70 Challenger that usually just sit as they have for the last thirty years and one of these days/ years I'm just going to sell them as I don't enjoy working on them any more, and the only pleasure I get out of them anymore is to simply look at them.

Will I change my mind? Mayhap I will or mayhap I won't........

Hi Frank,                  14 October 2022

Know how you Feel; we been there and done that. Gave away lots of stuff to help ease the move home to Phoenix, including a Mustang and a 75 W200 Dodge 440 PW. Too much to do and most likely not enough time to do it all.

Hope all is well on your end of our once free and beautiful Country. Things seem to be good here other than inflation is running higher than average for the US as a whole. Gas has surged ahead; we experienced a drop then it bounced back to almost its peak. Hasn't seemed to affect traffic, still heavy during the normal high traffic hours.

Twenty-five more days, actually 26 and we should have a clearer view of how things will go these next two years.

Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks