News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One

Started by doctor4766, August 18, 2022, 12:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Does anyone know if there are issues at Year One currently?
I've been waiting on an order for over a month now and haven't received a tracking number or shipping info.
They are also not replying to emails/messages.
Being on the other side of the world doesn't help either as we're in different time zones.
Gotta love a '69

Mopar Nut

What items did you order? They might be backordered.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

doctor4766

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 18, 2022, 07:39:53 AM
Gas cap and trim ring for the '70 Charger. But regardless of the item or availability, they have charged my credit card and have not offered up any information
Gotta love a '69

426HemiChick

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 18, 2022, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 18, 2022, 07:39:53 AM
Gas cap and trim ring for the '70 Charger. But regardless of the item or availability, they have charged my credit card and have not offered up any information

Hi doctor4766,                  18 August 2022

For certain doesn't give one the warm fuzzies. Check your credit card account on-line. Some charges are temp and not complete until the item ships. Don't know how your CC provider works, ours displays all the charges; if we click on the charge in question, or any other charge, it will display the status of that charge, temp or otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

69bfan

I am pretty sure that Year One gets their Charger fuel caps and bezels from the same vendor that we use for those pieces and they have been out of stock since early Spring.  Talking with the importer for those pieces, he did not have a good ETA on the pieces .

Secondly, I was over at Year One back in early July and they are moving about thirty miles up the road to new location.  They told me that the move had to be completed by the end of August.  So I am sure that will further complicate the issue.

Still would be nice for them to answer your email with some type of response.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

tan top

i know it may sound silly have you tried calling them by phone old fashioned way ?  i must of placed hundreds & hundreds or orders with yearone  over the last 32 years ,  granted  not recently , &  most of it was  long before the internet order on line  shopping cart website ,  few times  back in 2014  ordering bits that no one else had in stock etc , they never sent me a tracking number by email even though they said they would ,  they always would give me the tracking number  & ask  what shipper do i want , over the phone  at the time of ordering or call me up when the back ordered parts are in then give me a tracking number. never had a problem with yearone , but always use to order parts with part numbers out of their printed cataloge , not web site , found a few mistakes on their site. the only real problem is their shipping charges or it use to be not sure what they like now.  good thing though least you know your going to get the part & no quible if it damaged etc.  then started ordering a lot of  parts from summit & jegs  , they were / are so efficent  with traking numbers & stuff when you have set up an account ,
i know lots of places are on back order with lots of parts
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

Doesn't Year One seem irrelevant anymore?  Like they used to send out a freebie catalog that was great but then you had to pay for it.

The best thing they made of late ( a few years ago ) were the 17" magnums and rally wheels. 

Meanwhile there's many other small companies that have things in stock and actually try.    YO is a 9 - 5 company just faking it and raking it in.

If it was me,  after this long,  cancel it and find somebody else with the parts in stock.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

426HemiChick

Hi doctor4766,                  19 August 2022

Don't know the banking credit card rules in Australia but here they are stacked in the consumer's favor. I ordered a part from a dealer, paid for it with my credit card and waited . . . . and waited. Called the dealer and asked where my part was. He stated that the mfg was out of stock and wouldn't be making the parts for a couple months.

I called the manufacture, who I had dealt with before and where I also had an account. They told me the dealer never ordered the part, they had one and I could buy it from them at a huge discount. Bought it and had it in a couple days.

Called my CC company, explained the situation, they gave me immediate credit, and back charged the dealer. When the CC company back charges the seller for fraud/non performance, the seller gets hit with a large penalty, several hundred dollars in my case.

A few days later, I received a call from the dealer, he said: "Why didn't you call me?" I told him I called several time and each time he lied about the order.

Needless to say, I ended up getting what I wanted, saved a lot of money and severed my relationship with the dealer. He "weren't" a happy camper.

Call your CC provider and explain the situation. You may be surprised how helpful they are.

Take care, hope you get what you need at a reasonable price.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               19 August 2022

Sounds to us that "Year One" may have been bought by an investment company interested in recovering their investment ASAP.

The only one we have seen that didn't go down the tube after being sold was Summit Auto. We dealt with them in 1972 when they were just a tiny operation in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio, located in the State Road Shopping center at State Road and Portage Trail.

They are still in the Akron Ohio area and have a huge operation there and elsewhere, think Fort Worth may be one place.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

doctor4766

Thanks for all the replies.
I have in fact lodged a claim with my bank and as such they have begun the dispute process with the vendor.
I only went with YO because their shipping price was a bit less than other suppliers.
In future I will learn to ask availability before I hand over my payment.
I'll keep you updated on the progress
Gotta love a '69

426HemiChick

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 19, 2022, 05:42:51 PM
Thanks for all the replies.
I have in fact lodged a claim with my bank and as such they have begun the dispute process with the vendor.
I only went with YO because their shipping price was a bit less than other suppliers.
In future I will learn to ask availability before I hand over my payment.
I'll keep you updated on the progress

Hi Doc,               19 August 2022

Good move. They'll get the message in $$$$.

Sometimes the best price isn't the best deal.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

doctor4766

So following the lodgement of my claim I've had notification from my bank that I will be receiving from them,  the full amount of my purchase.
It's a shame that my first ever experience with YO turned out this way as I will be looking to order other items and I don't think I'll bother with them.
Gotta love a '69