News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many of you can say this...

Started by AKcharger, August 23, 2022, 10:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

OK, please allow me to boost just a bit. Behold a '70 charger that EVERYTHING works...EVERYTHING! Original AC, Clock...even the "key in buzzer" My secret...two things, time and $$$. Also no corrosion helps! yup took some work but wanted to share

LaOtto70Charger

b5blue

CDN72SE

That's a big accomplishment, hope I can say the same when mine is back together.
1972 Charger SE

Dano 1

That's awesome! I get immense satisfaction from getting the little things like the key/headlight buzzer and key light to work. The first time the headlight buzzer went off it scared me to death because I had no idea the car came with one. :smilielol:
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Birdflu

dreamcatcher

1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

AKcharger

Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2022, 09:20:29 AM
Yea!  :cheers: Now about any LEAKS? LOL

That's why I have drip pans for the cars!

Dano the buzzer! I know! it was intermittent so when it 1st buzz I thought it was a massive short!

Kern Dog

Great topic.   :2thumbs: Nice car too. I recall seeing it on the '70Charger registry forum.
Before I tore mine down for an engine rebuild, the only 2 things that didn't work are the key buzzer (Disconnected but does work) and the windshield washer pump since I pulled the reservoir.
Horns, lights, turn signals, brake and reverse lights, stereo, A/C and heater, all gauges too!

Back N Black

Does the cigarette lighter and ash tray light work? :cheers: Beautiful Charger BTW.

Kern Dog

Isn't the ash tray light an option ?

Back N Black

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 24, 2022, 08:56:26 PM
Isn't the ash tray light an option ?
1q

Not sure, mine has ash tray light.

44070dart

Sadly I can't say that this year. Looks great, and the slots look right on it too.

AKcharger

Quote from: Back N Black on August 24, 2022, 08:12:38 PM
Does the cigarette lighter and ash tray light work? :cheers: Beautiful Charger BTW.

They Do! I use it with a USB adapter to charge my Cell phone!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! No of course I failed to stipulate that "Everything works on the car AT THIS MOMENT" lol, so I'm sure there's still more opportunity's for "fun" ahead

Mytur Binsdirti

Everything works on all 4 of my cars and never thought anything about it. I always thought it was normal.

472 R/T SE

Most of my junk works.  Still takes a few tricks to make all the shit work.

I gotta tear into my pass door window tracks since the electric motor always stops like somethings binding.  Need someone to pull on glass while I hit the switch to roll up.  But it works, lol.

My junk needs to be reliable.

Everything worked with my blue Charger.  Of course I had a hand in that.

AK, beautimus as always sir!

70 sublime

All my lights and gauges work on my 69
Only thing not working is the clock but I was not really worried about that because I always un hook the battery so the clock would have to be reset every time
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on August 25, 2022, 05:02:30 PM
All my lights and gauges work on my 69
Only thing not working is the clock but I was not really worried about that because I always un hook the battery so the clock would have to be reset every time

Forgot about my dashlights quitting. 
My hot rod was parked for almost 7 years only starting on occasion. After leaving, D, I had it towed to a buddys shop who got it prepped to ship and for whatever reason, lots of my electrical turned into question marks.  Never had issues prior.

My problem is having all sorts of replacement (another working complete tic toc dash with low miles, lol), perfect survivor woodgrain, etc. all up in the nw.

Its a driver.  Idgaf what others think, lol.  Best part of getting out of factory restos, lol.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 25, 2022, 12:26:19 PM
Everything works on all 4 of my cars and never thought anything about it. I always thought it was normal.

Same here.....

AKcharger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on August 25, 2022, 05:28:46 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 25, 2022, 12:26:19 PM

Same here.....

Consider yourselves fortunate or I just have bad luck. Even when I was in Highschool in the 80's Every MOPAR I owned had something inop...usually the AC and clock. But, to me Everything working is a big deal  :2thumbs:

cdr

Everything works on my 68, even the A/C :)
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

lloyd3

triple_green

I can say that, except the clock which I don't care about and it is original.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

taxspeaker

At 70, my window crank only works a little and it won't go up all the way like it used to. I've tried to get help pulling it up but when I asked the young lady next door she must have thought I didn't wash the grease off cause she said I was a dirty old man. The squirter pump seems to have a mind of its own and when it says its time to go, it just goes ahead without my input. The backup light part never worked much unless I really pushed hard and worst of all when I try to get revved up I forget why I'm doing it and then the squirter pump tells me to get out of the driver seat right away or me and urine trouble. Don't even get me started on the exhaust-and where do you get those exhaust clamps you guys are talking about?

Oh-were we talking about cars?, Sorry.

Friday afternoon and my mind is wandering.

AK-the car is and looks great, and you should be proud. I apologize for the attempt at humor
Bob

Birdflu

Quote from: taxspeaker on August 26, 2022, 02:39:17 PM
At 70, my window crank only works a little and it won't go up all the way like it used to. I've tried to get help pulling it up but when I asked the young lady next door she must have thought I didn't wash the grease off cause she said I was a dirty old man. The squirter pump seems to have a mind of its own and when it says its time to go, it just goes ahead without my input. The backup light part never worked much unless I really pushed hard and worst of all when I try to get revved up I forget why I'm doing it and then the squirter pump tells me to get out of the driver seat right away or me and urine trouble. Don't even get me started on the exhaust-and where do you get those exhaust clamps you guys are talking about?

Oh-were we talking about cars?, Sorry.

Friday afternoon and my mind is wandering.

AK-the car is and looks great, and you should be proud. I apologize for the attempt at humor
Bob

Bob!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

INTMD8

No I can't say the same.

No A/C, my car is already a tank without it.

I sent my tach out to be reconfigured and when I got it back the clock no longer works.  Now it's only right twice a day.  :brickwall:

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

AKcharger

Quote from: taxspeaker on August 26, 2022, 02:39:17 PM
...AK-the car is and looks great, and you should be proud. I apologize for the attempt at humor
Bob

Thanks Bob, I was amused!  :rofl:

b5blue

My clock is right 2 times a day for 27 years. Lucky my A/C works because my rebuilt door windows crank stiff as hell.  :o  Your 70 is a stunner AK!!  :2thumbs:

AKcharger

Quote from: b5blue on August 27, 2022, 09:05:13 AM
My clock is right 2 times a day for 27 years. Lucky my A/C works because my rebuilt door windows crank stiff as hell.  :o  Your 70 is a stunner AK!!  :2thumbs:

I'm surprised a few of you have operational original A/C! lucky!

Thanks again for kind words

Kern Dog

Some people drive fully restored cars, some drive well preserved originals. In the middle are guys like me that have what were basically daily driver cars that ran when we bought them but not everything worked. WE got our cars running and slowly replaced or fixed the things that needed attention.

b5blue

Quote from: AKcharger on August 27, 2022, 02:06:52 PM
Quote from: b5blue on August 27, 2022, 09:05:13 AM

I'm surprised a few of you have operational original A/C! lucky!

Thanks again for kind words

I've Classic's A/C for cars that "had" factory A/C.  :2thumbs: (Modern through factory vents.)

Kern Dog

Same here. Classic Auto Air kit I installed in  late 2019 but took until spring of this year to get the A/C charged.
I've had my red car since 2000 and didn't have a functional heater-defroster-A/C until 2019 when the heater and defroster portion of the install was done.

b5blue

WHITE AND RED 69

Showoff!!!

I was close, my wipers recently froze up so that needs to be addressed. But every light and switch does what its supposed to (except the gas gauge but I added an aftermarket one to fix it). I did remove the door buzzer when I rewired it, I was never a fan of that option.

Also just need to finish the a/c lines and get the system charged, don't know why I'm procrastinating so much on finishing up the small items.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

AKcharger

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 30, 2022, 04:47:56 PM
Showoff!!!

I was close, my wipers recently froze up so that needs to be addressed.

If they haven't been used remove the motor and see if wipers move freely, my last '70 the wipers pivots needed to be broke free and lubed

tan top

Quote from: AKcharger on August 23, 2022, 10:06:11 PM
OK, please allow me to boost just a bit. Behold a '70 charger that EVERYTHING works...EVERYTHING! Original AC, Clock...even the "key in buzzer" My secret...two things, time and $$$. Also no corrosion helps! yup took some work but wanted to share

awesome looking 70  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :drool5: :cheers:  mmm Slots   :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

twenty mike mike

I can.

Admittedly, my car doesn't have the light group and other fancy things, but since I replaced all the wiring harnesses, those other features would work if they were there. I did add a console, and the courtesy lights work, despite the service manual's attempt at leading me astray by listing the wrong bulbs.

I installed the Classic Auto Air kit and it works perfectly. Instead of using the plastic vents that came with the kit, I installed the side dash vents from an A/C car.

alenglish

I'm just happy it starts and I can drive where I want to.  BigAl
>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: AKcharger on August 30, 2022, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 30, 2022, 04:47:56 PM
Showoff!!!

I was close, my wipers recently froze up so that needs to be addressed.

If they haven't been used remove the motor and see if wipers move freely, my last '70 the wipers pivots needed to be broke free and lubed

That's the plan. Sad part is years ago when I replaced the pivot gaskets I thought about adding the grease fitting but figured they'd be fine. Guess I'll be adding them now.   :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

b5blue

How often have you used them? I use mine all the time.  :scratchchin:

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: b5blue on September 11, 2022, 10:39:58 AM
How often have you used them? I use mine all the time.  :scratchchin:

It barely rains here so not very often. I do test them every couple months so it might be the motor gave out?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

b5blue

Try inserting one of the tiny red tubes on WD40 (I use T-9.) past the foam into the pivot to lube.

Challenger340

Yep, everything still works except the clock..... and nothing else has ever quit working as far as I now ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !