DodgeCharger.com Forum
December 03, 2022, 02:04:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notifications not working  (Read 289 times)
mopar4don
Old Timer

« on: August 24, 2022, 07:12:44 AM »

I have noticed I dont get notified anymore about anything I have subscribed to or set to be notified of.
I checked my email and and its been around 3 months.

Is there something I did to cause this?

Thanks
Don

Troy
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 08:26:14 PM »

It doesn't look like you have done anything. It's possible that it's going into your spam folder. In your case, you may have several folders: Spam, Trash, and [gmail]trash. The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you. I don't know if they have an actual "whitelist" but you can add the site email address to your contacts so it's a "known" sender.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.
mopar4don
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »

It doesn't look like you have done anything. It's possible that it's going into your spam folder. In your case, you may have several folders: Spam, Trash, and [gmail]trash. The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you. I don't know if they have an actual "whitelist" but you can add the site email address to your contacts so it's a "known" sender.

Troy

Troy thanks for pointing out that "The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you"
I added the site to my contacts and whitelisted dodgecharger.com as per this site   https://clean.email/blog/email-security/how-to-whitelist-an-email

How can we test this? If you send me a PM I think DC.com will send me an email right?
Thank you
Don

472 R/T SE
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »

Troy

Troy thanks for pointing out that "The major providers are constantly tweaking their rules so if you have a tendency to delete notifications without opening them they assume you don't actually want email from the site and will automatically remove them for you"
I added the site to my contacts and whitelisted dodgecharger.com as per this site   https://clean.email/blog/email-security/how-to-whitelist-an-email

How can we test this? If you send me a PM I think DC.com will send me an email right?
Thank you
Don

The 1970 Charger Registry is set up similarly.  I get emails every time from both forums.  I can even respond to the email and its sent back as a PM from the forum.
Troy
Administrator
Old Timer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 11:15:16 AM »

Troy

Thank you
Don

You're set up to get notifications for this topic so let's see if you get one for these replies...

I can send you a PM too.

I can dig around in the server logs and see emails that have been sent and any that get bounced back as undeliverable. But the email providers don't send a response when they drop them or put them in spam so I have no idea if they've been delivered or not.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.
mopar4don
Old Timer

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 01:19:16 PM »

Troy

Thank you
Don

You're set up to get notifications for this topic so let's see if you get one for these replies...

I can send you a PM too.

I can dig around in the server logs and see emails that have been sent and any that get bounced back as undeliverable. But the email providers don't send a response when they drop them or put them in spam so I have no idea if they've been delivered or not.

Troy

Troy, I just now noticed this so I did not get an email.
I'll bet if you send me a PM, I will not get an email either. But if you want go ahead and send one and I'll let you know

mopar4don
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »

Here is something else I noticed.

I tried using the "send this topic" button to send a topic to two different personal emails (yahoo and gmail) I never received them.

I tried again to my work email (outlook) and it worked.

In both of the yahoo and gmail accounts I have an entry for dodgecharger.com in my contacts.   (do_not_reply@dodgecharger.com)

Dino
Old Timer

Forgotten but not gone

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 05:32:28 PM »

I'm not getting any emails either. Strange

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: