News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ballast Resistor & EFI:

Started by Captain D, August 24, 2022, 08:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Even though I've been running my Fi-Tech EFI for 6-8 years with a ballast resistor installed, I recently learned that the EFI should 'not' have a ballast resistor because it can affect the throttle body.

Questions:

1.) For those with EFI, what did you do to bypass the ballast resistor? Or rather, what did you do to utilize both?
2.) Is the answer more upgrades, like changing out bigger ignition systems, alternators, & wiring? In other words, spending more money for upgrades to make the current upgrades actually work. More money, more money, more money. If this is the case, I'm tapping out...

Maybe this post would make for a great sticky for the mods - apparently, if you're thinking about EFI, it's nice to know 'before' you buy anything know that ballast resistor & EFI, like oil & water, don't mix...