News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Date Code Correct

Started by Wolfe440, August 28, 2022, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe440

When it comes to the date on the engine block vs the assembly date on the car, is the date on the block around 90 days prior to the assembly date of the car?

Thanks
Wolf.

Kern Dog

That is a hard thing to prove 100%. I've read varying numbers between 1 month to three months.

68RT440

On my '68 Charger, the scheduled production date for the car was April 15th. The engine block was cast on January 16th and was assembled on April 10th.
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Wolfe440

I was looking at a non numbers matching car that had a block date of 7/14/70 and a build date of 11/10/70. I wondered if that block date was in the realm of being at least date correct. It appears to be about month over what is the norm.

Alaskan_TA

The only way to know the 'correct date' would be to know what the date on the original block was, then match it.

But at the end of the day, any replacement block is still a just a replacement block regardless of the date on it.