News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dimmer Switch bypass

Started by misty440, September 01, 2022, 09:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misty440

My Dashboard Dimmer switch is intermittent, i have already cleaned it thoroughly but it has play in it where it will only turn on the lights at a very low light where it is almost totally dark. Is there a way to just bypass the dimming function and just have the lights at full illumination?
Thanks
Chris

70 Charger RT
70 Charger R/T 440C.I 727 3.23's

b5blue

You can remove it and jump the connections.

misty440

so jump the tan and yellow together? thanks so much, dont need to dim the interior lights and $150 for a new dimmer I feel is not worth having that option, will try it this week.
thanks again!
Chris

Back N Black

I did mine 5 years ago, no issues. The dash lights are not that bright where you need to dim the lights. :cheers:

devinism

Quote from: misty440 on September 02, 2022, 08:10:41 PM
so jump the tan and yellow together? thanks so much, dont need to dim the interior lights and $150 for a new dimmer I feel is not worth having that option, will try it this week.
thanks again!
Chris
I wouldn't recommend jumping to the yellow wire. That is a ground (for the dome light). Tan-Black will bypass.

I rebuild 5-6 of these each month

A383Wing

Quote from: devinism on September 13, 2022, 09:08:23 AM
Quote from: misty440 on September 02, 2022, 08:10:41 PM
thanks again!
Chris
I wouldn't recommend jumping to the yellow wire. That is a ground (for the dome light). Tan-Black will bypass.

I rebuild 5-6 of these each month

I have a couple of your rebuilt units...excellent quality and service.....

and yes, don't use the yellow wire.....jump the other two together, that's what I did before I found the member above

Bryan

misty440

Thanks guys, not sure why I wrote yellow cause I did use the black to jump the wires together, made no difference on the brightness of the dash lights, I added a few aftermarket gauges and those are very dim also even after jumping the wires together? I did the headlight power modification and I feel that they are still not as bright as I expected from others feedback in that mod, could it be that my alternator is not generating enough voltage? I have a voltage gauge hooked up directly off the battery which reads 12V. Planning to rewire it to read off the switched power soon. Thoughts?
Thanks
Chris