News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona 355140

Started by nascarxx29, September 02, 2022, 03:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiChick

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 03, 2022, 04:59:59 PM
I wish he left the under carriage alone & original, he messed that up in my opinion. Yes, you'll need to redo what he did but by then you might as well just redo the whole car. If you restore the whole car right, wouldn't you have more into it then it's worth? :shruggy: :slap: :brickwall: LEON.

Hi LEON,               03 September 2022

Think you've nailed it. Maybe someone who really wants a Daytona and has deep pockets will buy it and treat it to a proper restoration by one of the masters. By the time it's completed they may have more in it than it's worth. If that's not an issue then more power to the buyer and another Daytona rescued.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Q5XX29

Pretty easy (and pretty common) these days to have far more $ into your project than it's monetary worth. For many, that's not the point.
dakota_gt on Instagram

426HemiChick

Quote from: Q5XX29 on September 04, 2022, 01:33:31 AM
Pretty easy (and pretty common) these days to have far more $ into your project than it's monetary worth. For many, that's not the point.

Hi Clint,               05 September 2022

I've known folks that go on vacation and spend thousands of $$$. When they return home what have they got, Sun Burn, receipts, memories and maybe a disease or two.

It's kind of nice having that big shiny, noisy, chunk of steel sitting there waiting for one to take it out for a romp.

There's an old saying that doesn't apply well in our case but it'll get the point across:

"The difference between men and boys is the price of the toys."

"He who dies with the most toys Wins."

We had our Daytona for 48 years, the last 41 of which she just sat in our garage. A great satisfaction we had from owning her was when a very wealthy convicted felon wanted to buy her. We didn't want him to have her so we wouldn't budge on our asking price. To us his money was dirty and we didn't want it. Who bought her was most important. Fourteen years later she found a great new home.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Dr. Davis' office. Now that I can see, I need some road work done. Yes, they are open on Labor Day, probably because this is a "Right to Work" State.

Take Care amigo, Give Josie a few love pats for us.

God Bless You All.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Q5XX29

Quote from: 426HemiChick on September 05, 2022, 02:26:21 AM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on September 04, 2022, 01:33:31 AM

and maybe a disease or two.

You have some of the best quips on here!   :lol:

It sounds like we are in complete agreement in that there is much more to life, and to these cars which we are passionate about, than the monetary aspect.   :cheers:

Josie says hello.

dakota_gt on Instagram

moparstuart

Ill be nice and just say he fucked up alot of the originality of the engine bay in his rush to be an idiot.  plus everything else he touched on the car   , he should have left it alone      
He's just another chevy guy who is now a flipper .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

426HemiChick

Hi Clint,              08 September 2022

We say Hello to Josie as well.

Thanks Clint, hopefully we cause a few chuckles along the way.

Even though we spend money on our cars, unlike boozing, we ultimately do get a return on investment. Of course, the same can be said for boozing, which may return cirrhosis of the liver among other ailments. We'll stick with our cars.

Take Care, God Bless and a Big Hug for Josie

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Quote from: moparstuart on September 08, 2022, 05:02:50 PM
Ill be nice and just say he fucked up alot of the originality of the engine bay in his rush to be an idiot.  plus everything else he touched on the car   , he should have left it alone      
He's just another chevy guy who is now a flipper .

Hi Stuart,                08 September 2022

Were you in the Navy? Reason I ask is we speak the same language so I understand exactly the point you wanted to make.

Take Care.

Best Always

Christine for the 426 Hemi Chicks