News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vapor return from fuel filter?

Started by frank1966, September 04, 2022, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Hi, where does the line connect? My sending unit does not have an additional port but I do see 4 capped off ports on the side of my tank. Can I use one of those? I also need to buy the return line. 70 charger. I don't know what those ports are for

Just 6T9 CHGR

The smaller line on the sending unit is for the return.  Those extra ports on the tank are for the '70 California emissions system (if equipped)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

frank1966

Thanks , but I don't see a port? It's hard to see it on the car I took a pic and still don't see it?

70 sublime

When I look at your first photo it looks like you have two black rubber hoses conected to something on your tank sender unit

One port should be bigger and that is the gas supply line and one smaller is the return line
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

frank1966

That rubber hose on the is going to filler tube and look like it exits just under the gas cap. I assume a bent?

frank1966

Looks like I need a new sending unit with 3 ports?

70 sublime

Ummm that is your problem then

The little hose on the fill pipe comes out of side near the top of the of the fill pipe and runs down the side of the pipe and through the trunk floor and vents into the frame rail

Someone has hooked it up wrong in the past

The smaller tube coming out of your gas tank sender unit is for the return line from the fuel pump
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green