News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flat spot on tire

Started by metallicareload99, September 25, 2022, 11:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metallicareload99

Locked up my front wheels a few times last week during Auto-Cross, and now my front right tire has two flat spots. Is there any way to fix this or are the tires junk? Thanks for any advice
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

70 sublime

Just an idea if you are going to give up on them anyways
Do you have line lock ??

Could swap them on to the back and do a couple burn outs ?
Might wear them down enough to smooth out the dent you feel

Unless you have 4 wheels all the same size and can just drive with them on the back you might not notice it as much ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

metallicareload99

I think we're on the same page, I assumed the flat spots were on the rear tires, so I did a few burnouts, and kinda seemed like it got worse :slap: so I finally got down there and found the two on the front. I'm a bit surprised because I thought I'd feel it real bad in the steering wheel?

Unfortunately, while my fronts (255/45R18) will fit on the rear, rear's(305/45R18) won't fit on the front. I'll have to figure out what to do temporarily up front. But that probably is my best bet, put the fronts on the back and light 'em up

metallicareload99

Update: put the front tires on the back and did a burnout, I think it just made things worse  :smilielol: 🙃 I'll try and put some miles on em see if they get any better  :drive:

70 sublime

Was worth a try   :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green