News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket tach in cluster

Started by mally69, October 01, 2022, 08:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

69 charger cluster, has anyone installed an aftermarket tach in the factory cluster? I searched around and couldnt get any direct info on the size of the tach that would fit best in the factory hole. Ill make it work im just away for a few months and im gonna have one ordered and ready when i get back home.  So basically what size do i need to or fits the best?

b5blue

They make a tach that fits a 68-70 Ralley cluster.

mally69

I just recently saw that they made a tic toc tac without the clock, but i have white face guages now and was going to trt and put in an aftermarket white faced tach. Just didnt know the correct dia that would fit.  I was thinking this one.. https://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/880038/10002/-1

mally69

I def wanna try to get it to fit where the factory tach would sit, so i want it recessed in the factory tach location. After hours of research all i see is 3 3/8 is what ppl were using.

Mopar Nut

Did you want the tach behind the lens or sticking out like that gauge that you posted?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

They do sell a plain tachometer for our cars, here's an example from Classic Industries. I know this isn't white.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

mally69

I was going to try and keep it recessed in like the factory somehow.   I wonder how that factory style one works, if itll reapond quickly like an after market ones.. i just may go that route. Only thing is all my giages are white background now factory style guage just put the white backgrounds on

WHITE AND RED 69

Call up redline Gauge works. They make a tach in any color combo you want that fits perfectly in the housing. I've had mine for over 10+ years without a single issue.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on October 03, 2022, 08:54:07 PM
Call up redline Gauge works. They make a tach in any color combo you want that fits perfectly in the housing. I've had mine for over 10+ years without a single issue.

I've had the Redline tach in Betty for 15+ years (?)   Works great.   I recommend that.

I put a Charger Specialties (now out of business I presume) in Sinn and it worked OK for awhile,  now it reads 1000 rpm low.   But I saved $$$   ::)

I dunno what company is going to produce the one for Classic... if it ever gets in stock.   :scratchchin:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

XH29N0G

I would also look to redline.  What I did was to disassemble a tach and then figure out how to fit it in where the tach would normally go, recessed the same as the speedometer in the cluster.  I did some painting.  I do not think it would pass muster for others here, but it works for me.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....