News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge charger Tailstripe

Started by Christianlondon, October 03, 2022, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christianlondon

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the R/T Tailstripe for a 69 Charger as I am having one custom made.I need the Length and width and the aperture size around the Rear Marker light.I can't check my own as its currently undergoing restoration. Any help would be greatly appreciated  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Can't help you with the dimensions as mine is missing them. This place specializes in Mopar stripes.
https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/p-d.php
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Christianlondon

I did email them but they haven't replied. I was hoping that someone on here could help me

doctor4766

The stripe isn't just one long straight piece that stretches from one side to the other.
Each side piece has a bend in it to allow for the angle change at the top of the 1/4 panel, and there's a bend in the trunk section too, so I'd suggest getting a stripe kit from someone who has made them before.
Otherwise, you might end up with one of those cringeworthy stripes that we have all seen in the past.
Gotta love a '69

Christianlondon

I think your right. I am leaning more towards a Ghost Stripe now like the one in the picture but I can't find anyone who supplies them

Christianlondon

Ghost Stripe

richRTSE

Quote from: Christianlondon on October 05, 2022, 03:03:42 AM
I think your right. I am leaning more towards a Ghost Stripe now like the one in the picture but I can't find anyone who supplies them
Looking at that picture, I would guess that's a vinyl matte black stripe on the black car, not really a "ghosts" stripe.  :scope:
And the stripe should go all the way to the edge of the side marker opening, there shouldn't be a space around it.