News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona XX29L9B409035 at Mecum Las Vegas 2022

Started by 69F8C500, October 04, 2022, 11:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69F8C500

Dave Kanofsky

That car was just bought THIS WEEK from the long(ish) time owner who had it restored and brought it to Talladega and had it in MCACN several times...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

tan top

Charger Stuff 

held1823

Scott's car, one of two red/red ones, the other one being an automatic owned by local friends of mine. Surprising to learn he parted with it.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

hemi-hampton

hmmm, it's even got the J55 option. Wonder why they didn't show any pics of undercarriage? :scratchchin: does anybody got pics of undercarriage? :scratchchin:  LEON.

69_500

Sad to see the car immediately go to the auction block. I get it, everyone is out to make a buck.

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on October 04, 2022, 07:35:53 PM
Sad to see the car immediately go to the auction block. I get it, everyone is out to make a buck.

Hi 69_500,             06 October 2022

In our book flippers suck. We are happy that Bob Jennings bought our Hemi Daytona. We had a couple flippers, unbeknownst to us, come and look at the cars. They sat in their trucks, on their cell phones, trying to sell the cars before they bought them. Had we known they were flippers we wouldn't have allowed then to even see the cars.

Old saying: "Money talks, Bullshit Walks." Hope the flipper looses his ass. Any car we decide to buy, we are going to keep it for awhile. We kept our Daytona for 48 years. It was time for someone else to enjoy that car.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

taxspeaker

Here is a word of warning to everyone

I spoke with this "flipper"-I do not know how he got my number. The story he told me was "My Dad, a wealthy real estate investor, died and left me a lot of money and I have always wanted one of these cars". He seemed nice enough and asked about my cars and I sent him info about 3 of them that I had on my laptop (I am in busy travel season) just so he would have some info on what to look for-all info that was publicly available anyway.  He called back several times wanting to buy them and I told him every time they were not for sale. As a couple of you know, I have turned down some ridiculous offers for a couple of them, so I firmly declined but said he was welcome to stop by at MCACN next month and talk as a fellow wing car guy. Unfortunately I did indirectly refer him to the previous owner, who I understand is happy with what he got for the car, but I feel bad about it.

My next fear is that the info I sent him might show up as fake for sale ads, with pictures. Beware if you see a Daytona or Superbird advertised-they might be  mine and they are not for sale. My Y2 yellow Daytona 4-speed numbers, the Orange Hemi Daytona automatic, numbers, or the yellow, 440-6bbl 4 speed numbers Bird are the 3 I sent info on. Please be careful on any of these.-they are not for sale.

I know some of us do not care for flippers-I am somewhat mixed about them-I understand that they potentially add overall value to the cars, but that their actions prevent the real fans of the cars from being able to enjoy a lifelong dream of ownership. The thing that bothers me is that no flipper understands the emotional ties that we have to these cars. My wife does, and even told me at either of our deaths she wants people to drive them all at our funeral! If you want to drive one talk to her and hope I go first because there's no way I will let anyone drive one at hers!

Anyway, sorry about the issue and my mistakes and believing the line of crap-I thought my BS-ometer was better than that. I truly hope whoever does buy it recognizes what a beautiful, special Daytona they are getting.
Bob

426HemiChick

Quote from: taxspeaker on October 06, 2022, 12:53:44 PM
Here is a word of warning to everyone

I spoke with this "flipper"-I do not know how he got my number. The story he told me was "My Dad, a wealthy real estate investor, died and left me a lot of money and I have always wanted one of these cars". He seemed nice enough and asked about my cars and I sent him info about 3 of them that I had on my laptop (I am in busy travel season) just so he would have some info on what to look for-all info that was publicly available anyway.  He called back several times wanting to buy them and I told him every time they were not for sale. As a couple of you know, I have turned down some ridiculous offers for a couple of them, so I firmly declined but said he was welcome to stop by at MCACN next month and talk as a fellow wing car guy. Unfortunately I did indirectly refer him to the previous owner, who I understand is happy with what he got for the car, but I feel bad about it.

My next fear is that the info I sent him might show up as fake for sale ads, with pictures. Beware if you see a Daytona or Superbird advertised-they might be  mine and they are not for sale. My Y2 yellow Daytona 4-speed numbers, the Orange Hemi Daytona automatic, numbers, or the yellow, 440-6bbl 4 speed numbers Bird are the 3 I sent info on. Please be careful on any of these.-they are not for sale.

I know some of us do not care for flippers-I am somewhat mixed about them-I understand that they potentially add overall value to the cars, but that their actions prevent the real fans of the cars from being able to enjoy a lifelong dream of ownership. The thing that bothers me is that no flipper understands the emotional ties that we have to these cars. My wife does, and even told me at either of our deaths she wants people to drive them all at our funeral! If you want to drive one talk to her and hope I go first because there's no way I will let anyone drive one at hers!

Anyway, sorry about the issue and my mistakes and believing the line of crap-I thought my BS-ometer was better than that. I truly hope whoever does buy it recognizes what a beautiful, special Daytona they are getting.
Bob

Hi Bob,                 06 October 2022

For us, flippers, scammers and thieves deserve nothing but contempt. As you said, they don't understand the emotional ties we have to these cars. I'm sure there are some that think I was crazy when I said just owning the Daytona gave us a sense of pride. We also had a sense of pride when we turned down the $1Mil offer from a multi millionaire certified criminal. Somewhere around the time the flippers were there at the Southlake house, the criminal's associate just happened to stop by and asked if we still had the Daytona. This was before you entered the picture. I told him we did and that it wasn't for-sale. He only lives about 1000 feet from our house in Southlake.

At any rate, thanks for the heads-up. Remember the day you came to pick her up, I said if you decide to sell her, we want first dibs. That still holds.

Hope you have some time to enjoy yourself while on the road. Don't envy being on the road; spent too many years living everywhere but home. I'd be afraid to total it all up, which would add up to multiple years, my guess would be about 15 full years. Between the Navy, DOD and Mexico, there are 12. I'll leave it go at that, don't really want to know the actual number; can't get them back.

Take Care Bob, stay safe.

God Bless

Beast Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

birdsandbees

Wish Scott had of advised me that it was for sale..  :brickwall: Hope he kept his plate at least..  :lol:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

69_500

Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 06, 2022, 02:12:33 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 04, 2022, 07:35:53 PM

Hi 69_500,             06 October 2022

In our book flippers suck. We are happy that Bob Jennings bought our Hemi Daytona. We had a couple flippers, unbeknownst to us, come and look at the cars. They sat in their trucks, on their cell phones, trying to sell the cars before they bought them. Had we known they were flippers we wouldn't have allowed then to even see the cars.

Old saying: "Money talks, Bullshit Walks." Hope the flipper looses his ass. Any car we decide to buy, we are going to keep it for awhile. We kept our Daytona for 48 years. It was time for someone else to enjoy that car.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

I am in the same boat. I buy cars and plan to keep them for the long haul. had the red 500 for 16 years, really loved the car, but always said it would leave if a Daytona came along. Well it wound having to leave when the chance to get a Hemi 500 from original owner came along. They sold it to me knowing that I will definitely not flip the car. Got it for a very fair price that I could afford, and that they were happy with. Enjoying the heck out of it. Have had it for 5 years now. Still plan to one day put a Daytona next to it, but this Hemi 500 is never leaving as long as I am breathing.

held1823

More than a couple of people have approached the shop owner where my car is at now with a half baked idea of trying to buy it. No doubt that the majority of them only see it as the chance to make a quick dollar.  Jim has told me of their disbelief when he tells them that the car is literally a family member and no amount of money can change that. He asked one of these people if they ever stopped to consider just how many times an over-sized purchase offer had been made over the course of fifty years. Some suitors were as polite as they come, like Sharon M. calling on a yearly basis for ages. I've also had blowhards tell me that the car would rust away to nothing if not sold to them, only to piss them off by replying that if it did I had already gotten every penny's worth of my money out of it in enjoyment.

I stood next to Bob a year ago when he dealt with the same mentality. The lady was actually in tears as he told her no, over and over.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on October 07, 2022, 06:46:12 PM
I am in the same boat. I buy cars and plan to keep them for the long haul. had the red 500 for 16 years, really loved the car, but always said it would leave if a Daytona came along. Well it wound having to leave when the chance to get a Hemi 500 from original owner came along. They sold it to me knowing that I will definitely not flip the car. Got it for a very fair price that I could afford, and that they were happy with. Enjoying the heck out of it. Have had it for 5 years now. Still plan to one day put a Daytona next to it, but this Hemi 500 is never leaving as long as I am breathing.

Hi 69_500,               07 October 2022

"... this Hemi 500 is never leaving as long as I am breathing." Glad you feel the way you do and . . . . you're a poet and may not know it.

We came to the conclusion these cars own us, we're just their "Caretakers." As for our Daytona, we had her 48 years. At 80 and beat up knees, there was no way I was going to work on the Daytona and do her justice. She really deserved someone who would love and care for her in the manner she deserved and would appreciate her for what she is; Bob Jennings was and is the perfect new parent. She's now 100% original, making her extremely rare. Here I am, now 82 and the knees are worse than ever. "Workin on fixen them there things." Still have lots to do in the ole bucket list; just keep adding to it.

We're sure you will one day get YOUR Daytona . . . . soon. We would like another Daytona but it would have to be a Clone. Today's highways are full of brain dead clowns with their attention glued to their I Phones or whatever electronic toy they have plugged into their head. Had we kept the Daytona, we'd have never put it on the highway again. That's just us so what someone else does is their choice.

Take Care 69_500 and God Bless

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

69_500

Quote from: 426HemiChick on October 07, 2022, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on October 07, 2022, 06:46:12 PM

Hi 69_500,               07 October 2022

"... this Hemi 500 is never leaving as long as I am breathing." Glad you feel the way you do and . . . . you're a poet and may not know it.

We came to the conclusion these cars own us, we're just their "Caretakers." As for our Daytona, we had her 48 years. At 80 and beat up knees, there was no way I was going to work on the Daytona and do her justice. She really deserved someone who would love and care for her in the manner she deserved and would appreciate her for what she is; Bob Jennings was and is the perfect new parent. She's now 100% original, making her extremely rare. Here I am, now 82 and the knees are worse than ever. "Workin on fixen them there things." Still have lots to do in the ole bucket list; just keep adding to it.

We're sure you will one day get YOUR Daytona . . . . soon. We would like another Daytona but it would have to be a Clone. Today's highways are full of brain dead clowns with their attention glued to their I Phones or whatever electronic toy they have plugged into their head. Had we kept the Daytona, we'd have never put it on the highway again. That's just us so what someone else does is their choice.

Take Care 69_500 and God Bless

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Rest assured that when I do get a Daytona it will be driven just like this Hemi 500. Yeah, there are knuckleheads on the road. But to me the desire to own a Daytona and 500 is so that I can hop in either one at any given time and just drive it. Several thought I was nuts for driving this Hemi 500 from Indiana down to Talladega and back the last time. it was a great weekend and I had a blast just cruising down the interstate in it.

426HemiChick

Quote from: 69_500 on October 09, 2022, 08:10:37 PM
Rest assured that when I do get a Daytona it will be driven just like this Hemi 500. Yeah, there are knuckleheads on the road. But to me the desire to own a Daytona and 500 is so that I can hop in either one at any given time and just drive it. Several thought I was nuts for driving this Hemi 500 from Indiana down to Talladega and back the last time. it was a great weekend and I had a blast just cruising down the interstate in it.

Hi 69_500,                12 October 2022

More power to you. We aren't bashing you or anyone else, just our personal preference if we had a Daytona. We had one and the last time it was driven on the highway was the late 70's probably when we moved it from a storage facility to our farm where we stored it in our barn along with the RR and SB. They were end to end which used up about 70 feet of space leaving about 30 feet for livestock to move in and out. Livestock = 3 pet cows. We were big in the cattle business . . . . NOT!!

We lived in the Akron Ohio area. The weather sux, winter is long and salty so if you want to have a car for a long time, limit how much and when you drive it. Winter is a No-Go as is early spring; too much salt remains on the roadways until enough rain diminishes it, though it never gets rid of it all.

In the 90's in Texas I was almost run down head on by a driver that decided to drive on the left side running me off the road. Fortunately, I was not injured and chased the driver down. It turned out to be an Asian Female. Most Asian countries I have been in drive on the left side. As luck would have it, I encountered this woman again and was run off the road a second time. That's when I decided to get rid of the Harley. It's for crap like that that made us decide to keep our Daytona, SB and RR at home in storage.

We're not the only ones that feel this way. It's the province of the owner. Be sure to insure them heavily just incase.

Best of luck getting and driving your Daytona.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

69F8C500

Sold for $418,000 (that includes fees)

RSI700VIPER

:o
Wow.  That's '71 Hemi Cuda money and no mention of matching numbers.  Who said the market is weak.    
69 V2 Daytona 440 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
70 FJ5 Superbird 440+6 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
69 Talladega Torino 428 CJ
69 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Gurney Special
70 T6 Challenger T/A 4-speed
70 V2 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4-speed
71 FC7 Challenger Vert Flemington Speedway Pace Car
71 V2 Challenger RT Formal Roof w/ V2 Stripe & Houndstooth

WINGMAN

That Daytona is three V.I.N.s up from mine. But mine has a 727  :brickwall: . My car is R4 with white wing and black guts. Currently on a rotisserie so it will be next year until it is back running. Nice money that they are bringing but i an NOT selling. (Wingman) Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,