News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Low Reverse Servo "pivot pin"

Started by Wolfe440, October 15, 2022, 11:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe440

I have a leak with the Low Reverse Servo "pivot pin", every morning it leaves me a small puddle on garage floor.  

I see in the diagram that the the Band Reaction pin has a O-ring seal. But with the Low Reverse "pivot pin" there is nothing in diagram regarding a O-ring seal, or is one identified in the assembly description, and its closer to the pan fluid, more or less submerged.

Does anyone know what seals this pin at the transmission housing and prevents fluid getting past it?
Thanks,
Wolf  

birdsandbees

There is or are O rings on the pin... I wasn't pulling my leak free pan again to fix mine.. scrubbed the area spotless and sealed with some aircraft fuel tank sealer.

I stuck a piece of 1/4" hose down the filler tube and siphoned the fluid mostly out and raised the ass end of the car before starting.... to make sure there was no weeping on my work.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Wolfe440

Quote from: birdsandbees on October 16, 2022, 10:37:20 AM
There is or are O rings on the pin... I wasn't pulling my leak free pan again to fix mine.. scrubbed spotless and seal with some aircraft fuel tank sealer.

I just found a 727 assembly video that showed the install of the pin with the two O rings. I agree with you, I will seal it off with tank sealer, my pan does not leak and you have to take tail shaft off to get it out. Screw that.
Thanks!
Wolf

AKcharger

John_Kunkel

As birdsandbees said, the trick to sealing the end of the shaft is to drain the fluid level until it's below the shaft. If you don't do this the fluid will keep leaking under the freshly-applied sealer and the sealer won't bond correctly
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.