News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger AMD Rear Bumper Guards Fit Awful

Started by RSI700VIPER, October 17, 2022, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSI700VIPER

Figured I would buy a set of rear bumper guards from a reputable company like AMD (who is licensed by Chrysler to reproduce these) and they fit like crap on my NOS bumper. There is a large gap on the top and bottom.  I was surprised considering they are authorized by Chrysler and AMD usually has good stuff.  Is there a better source out there?  My originals fit tight against the bumper and nice but they stand out against the shiny new chrome. 
69 V2 Daytona 440 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
70 FJ5 Superbird 440+6 4-Speed 3.54 Dana
69 Talladega Torino 428 CJ
69 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Gurney Special
70 T6 Challenger T/A 4-speed
70 V2 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4-speed
71 FC7 Challenger Vert Flemington Speedway Pace Car
71 V2 Challenger RT Formal Roof w/ V2 Stripe & Houndstooth

426HemiChick

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on October 17, 2022, 09:05:39 PM
Figured I would buy a set of rear bumper guards from a reputable company like AMD (who is licensed by Chrysler to reproduce these) and they fit like crap on my NOS bumper. There is a large gap on the top and bottom.  I was surprised considering they are authorized by Chrysler and AMD usually has good stuff.  Is there a better source out there?  My originals fit tight against the bumper and nice but they stand out against the shiny new chrome.  

Hi RSI700VIPER,                17 October 2022

Why not replate the originals?

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

RSI700VIPER

Might have to do that after all.  The guy I use has a 6 month back log though.   

hemi-hampton

After Market almost always Sucks in my opinion. No matter who's making it :brickwall:

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   17 October 2022

Got Mini Mac installed and running. Now all I have to do is transfer all the stuff I know onto Mini Mac from this rickety old Bill Gates' OS. Mini has more features and looks a lot better than this old heap. It's a learning curve. This 82 year old brain doesn't like having its routines messed with. But, its gonna have to do it regardless of whether it wants to or not. Dena's the boss when it comes to technical stuff. I get to do all the fun stuff like busting heads when someone gets out of hand.

Well thank you folks. Will be back later today, after Dena has drained this old thing of all the things I know and has them enounced in Mini Mac's brain.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

426HemiChick

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on October 17, 2022, 09:52:36 PM
Might have to do that after all.  The guy I use has a 6 month back log though.   

Hi RSI700VIPER,

We'd rather wait and have it look the way we want it to rather than having it look like junk. Most of the time it's worth the wait.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 17, 2022, 10:07:50 PM
After Market almost always Sucks in my opinion. No matter who's making it :brickwall:

Hi LEON,

Let's face it, almost everything we use comes from China. It 's not good to rely on ones enemies for essential life items. We've decided once we are done on this earth, we're going to find a better place.

Time to take the pups out for their nightly romp in the dark.

Thanks and Take Care

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                21 October 2022

The post that was here belongs in another thread elsewhere. We were kind of tired when we posted it here instead of elsewhere.

It will be moved to "Elsewhere" as soon as we figure out where "Elsewhere" be.

Sorry about that.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

tan top

always best  to get originals replated & use original restored & or NOS parts possible  only use repop at last resort    ,  vast majority of  certain repop parts for our cars are  crap  , WHY :shruggy:  manufacturing techniques & material are vastly superior to that when our cars were made , :brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

b5blue

Grind/cut to fit and get them chromed. For a really nice restoration their chrome isn't good enough, mines blemishing after a few years.  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

Quote from: b5blue on October 21, 2022, 08:26:43 AM
Grind/cut to fit and get them chromed. For a really nice restoration their chrome isn't good enough, mines blemishing after a few years.  :scratchchin:

If he has to do all that and get them rechromed why not just return them and re chrome the originals if he has them ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                21 October 2022

Talk about screwing things up.

We double posted the post above. I Christine need to stop drinking water; messes up my old mind.

Sorry for messing things up.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

RSI700VIPER

Quote from: 70 sublime on October 21, 2022, 09:01:47 AM
Quote from: b5blue on October 21, 2022, 08:26:43 AM

If he has to do all that and get them rechromed why not just return them and re chrome the originals if he has them ?

Well, that was my intension so I called AMD to return the pieces and customer services said to just keep them  :o since they were already trial mounted and couldn't resell.  So now I can use the repops while my originals are getting re-chromed.  I have since order $1K worth of parts from AMD for another project.  With customer service like that, I'll continue to do business with them.  I'm aware that most repops are junk but I was hoping with Chryslers seal of approval, they would have fit better.         

b5blue

Perfect!  :cheers: Now you can watch them start to pit and rust like my bumper! LOL