News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition/starter issues

Started by Spartan, October 22, 2022, 12:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I am trying to get my 69 started.  The battery charger is on and seems fine. I turn the key to the ignition and nothing.  Everything else comes one.  I am getting spark to the starter but it hasn't rolled over.

Any trick to figure this out? I am going to clean the battery terminals just in case.  When I turn the key, I get nothing to crank the starter.

Any help would be appreciated
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

b5blue

First try jumping the starter solenoid on the firewall. Be certain the NNS is okay if it's an automatic. Have someone hold the key on crank position while you wiggle jiggle push pull wires/connections for starter. 

Spartan

The console switch... I forgot about that. It is an auto..  have to figure out where the solenoid is at.  Thanks
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

Thanks for the help. It was the console switch.  I jiggled the shifter and rolled over immediately. I forgot about that damn thing

b5blue

Quote from: Spartan on October 22, 2022, 04:10:01 PM
Thanks for the help. It was the console switch.  I jiggled the shifter and rolled over immediately. I forgot about that damn thing
:cheers:

John_Kunkel

In '69, the NSS is on the transmission not the console. If jiggling the shifter affects the starter, look for mis-adjusted shift linkage or worn/missing plastic bushings in the linkage.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.