News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear end mark-up question....

Started by C500, November 06, 2022, 06:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Greetings troops.... can anyone please provide some advice on the correct factory colors to use on the rear end for my 69 C500, 489 case. Generic pic for reference (not my car)

Parts A-F. My guess:

A, B, E, F black
D cast iron
C ???

:cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

What I did for my '70 Plymouth...

2. Housing and backing plates are black

3. 3rd member is natural. Here is just looks darker since I treated it with metal conditioner for corrosion control. The yoke and ring shield are also natural

Hope this helps....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Thanks Troy, that's exactly what I needed. Great job too btw  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."