News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body Rig....what comes 1st doors or fenders?

Started by AKcharger, November 20, 2022, 12:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

So I Have my 3rd Gen down for paint. I took the door and fenders off for repair. So question is what is "Prime" do I rig the doors to the rear fender then the front fenders to the doors? or rig the front fenders to the hood and rig the doors to the front fenders?

Gold Rush

Get the gaps right between the body and doors first.  Fenders and hood are adjusted next.  You'll need to set fender to door gap correctly then adjust the hood to fender gap.
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Dino

Quote from: Gold Rush on November 20, 2022, 06:13:57 AM
Get the gaps right between the body and doors first.  Fenders and hood are adjusted next.  You'll need to set fender to door gap correctly then adjust the hood to fender gap.

:iagree:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

AKcharger

Copy oK that makes sense. Sorry I see I asked this before in another post

hemi-hampton

Some times you may have to cut away metal or Weld to add metal to make gaps perfect. LEON.

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 20, 2022, 11:56:09 PM
Some times you may have to cut away metal or Weld to add metal to make gaps perfect. LEON.

Impressive but exceeds my ability, I'll just get it as close as I can

AKcharger

OK, well I and now expert at door alignment! I learned it means taking fenders off and on a LOT! oh I'm also expert and solo fender install and removal too!