News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger center console location?

Started by mopar4don, November 23, 2022, 02:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4don

So I used this pic as a starting point to mount my 4 speed brackets

mopar4don

so I layed them out and marked them on the floor using tape. (sorry no pics)

I had to convert my auto console over to a 4 speed console so I used this template and cut out clearance for the hump

mopar4don

The next thing I did was put the seats in and attached (bolted) the brackets to the console then I positioned the console between the seats and checked the position of the brackets to tape layout

mopar4don

Does the position of the console look right?

Front edge of console above firewall seam

mopar4don

In the current position of the seats, the back edge of console is inline to the seat backs

mopar4don

And the courtesy light holes are in line with the front seat buns

*UPDATE* the seats are not all the way back so this pic doesn't really help

mopar4don

do the gaps from the floor to the console seem excessive?

mopar4don

Like I said everything is based from that 1st pic so maybe someone could get me a dimension from the firewall seam to that 1st bracket. Automatic or 4 speed I assume is the same dimension

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mopar4don

Dino would you say your seats are all the way back in this pic? I am gauging the distance from the front of the seat to the courtesy light. pic1

pic2 shows back edge of console over the seat belt bolt

pic3 shows front bracket over base of gas pedal

Dino

I think the seats are all the way back but I'm not 100% positive. I'd go measure but I currently don't have the seats or the console in the car. I can measure the rear console bracket to some point if that helps. Back seat is also out.

mopar4don

Yes any measurements you provide should help Thank you
And if you could measure to the firewall lip or front bracket like the very 1st pic that would be great

mopar4don

Quote from: mopar4don on November 23, 2022, 02:29:35 PM
And the courtesy light holes are in line with the front seat buns

*UPDATE* the seats are not all the way back so this pic doesn't really mean anything

Dino

43 1/16" from the back edge of the bracket to the V crossbar behind the rear seat. The tape measure is between the raised parts. The center of the bracket to the center of the seat belt bolt is slightly less than 11". Let me know if you need anything else.

mopar4don

Thanks Dino,
Your number is within 1/4 inch of the 1st pic in the thread.

Like my Dad always says "NAIL IT"  (he did a lot of construction work)

Dino