News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front sway bar ideas: 1970 Charger

Started by Kern Dog, December 18, 2022, 03:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 07, 2023, 01:25:35 AM
Yes, I have a 3/4" bar from an '83 Imperial. The FMJ cars used a frame mounted bar very similar to the OEM E body bar.

:2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 18, 2022, 03:46:46 AMWhile I had the engine out, I replaced the end links with some like these....

The links in your other pics seem to be slightly different than this black one.  Why the difference, did one work better than the other?

Also, did you modify the length to reflect the stock link length? As manufactured, the ball joint links are a little over an inch longer than the stock link.

I'm thinking about making this link "upgrade" on my car, but am still researching whether it's worth the work and if it makes a noticeable handling difference.

Kern Dog

Quote from: HeavyFuel on April 20, 2023, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on December 18, 2022, 03:46:46 AMWhile I had the engine out, I replaced the end links with some like these....

The links in your other pics seem to be slightly different than this black one.  Why the difference, did one work better than the other?

Also, did you modify the length to reflect the stock link length? As manufactured, the ball joint links are a little over an inch longer than the stock link.

I'm thinking about making this link "upgrade" on my car, but am still researching whether it's worth the work and if it makes a noticeable handling difference.

Rock Auto listed three different links based on that part number. I got the most expensive ones.
Yes, I cut them and mocked them up to match the length that I needed. I think that I cut more than an inch out of the middle, maybe closer to 1 1/4".

HeavyFuel