News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any License Plate Collectors?

Started by Charger_Dart, December 23, 2022, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Dart

I was lucky enough to be born the son of a carrier Navy man. My dad dedicated most of his life to serving in the Navy and only retired because he reached the maximum age. He loved serving on ships and hated riding a desk! This meant our family moved every year or 2 and it was always to a different state. Over the last couple years I have been collecting license plates from the various states we lived in growing up. I have most of them now but I am still missing a few. If there are any license plate collectors on here that might have a few extra's, I would be happy to pay for them + shipping just to finish this project this winter. The places I am still looking for are South Carolina, Maryland, Washington DC, and Alabama. I also need Italy but that one might be tough to find. Thanks Mike   
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

DownZero

Might be able to hook you up on a maryland one. Let me check.

DeltaV

This guy has S.C. and District of Columbia plates on his website.

https://www.tagdrstore.com/

I've done business with him and have no complaints whatsoever.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Pinballjim

My wife and I go on quite a few cruises (like, cruise ship, not car cruise).  I try to get a real plate from each island we visit (not one of those dopey souvenir plates).  I am usually successful.  Most people will give them to me (usually a cab driver or an excursion guide) but I've noticed lately that many souvenir places have a selection of real plates for about $15.  It's a cheap way to remember the various places we see.  I put the date and ship we cruised on the back of the plate and then display the plates in the garage.  If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would but alas, I'm not that smart.

Todd Wilson

I collect Kansas tags from my county I live in.   I also collect tags from the 2 counties my grand parents grew up in from Iowa. Have most of a garage wall filled and a wall on my patio as well as other signs............

Todd

Charger_Dart

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!

Alaskan_TA

I finished my shop ceiling a year ago yesterday;

Pinballjim

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 25, 2022, 12:04:03 PM

That's REALLY cool!!!!    Well done!

426HemiChick

Quote from: Pinballjim on December 25, 2022, 05:52:35 PM

That's REALLY cool!!!!    Well done!

Hi Alaskan_TA,               26 December 2022

Fantastic, hope you have plates from around the world and all 54 states.

Questions for the masses:

1. When does the New Year arrive at the North Pole?

2. If one is standing on the North Poll, what time is it?

3. If one is standing on the North Poll, which way is East?

4. What country is our 54th state in?

Wishing You and Your Family a Blessed and Happy New Year !!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Alaskan_TA

The people at www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline may be able to answer those questions for you?  :shruggy:

426HemiChick

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 26, 2022, 07:21:16 PM
The people at www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline may be able to answer those questions for you?  :shruggy:

Hi Alaskan_TA,               26 December 2022

Thanks for the link. I do have a substance abuse problem: I can't resist M&M's. I buy the 10 lb. bag each time I go down the aisle where they are kept. I now find myself going down that aisle multiple times each trip. I tried to get in our Road Runner yesterday, blew the tires on the driver side. Sure not making tires like they used to.

Sorry, I really did think you were in Alaska. Guess I should investigate before spouting off. You are closer than we are and then maybe not. Just checked with Dena and she said we are closer. I'm screwing up all day. Guess I'll hang up the keyboard and go play in a different sandbox, hopefully one filled with M&M's.

Best Always

426 Fugitive Chick
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

grdprx

I collect plates, started when I was young.  I had success trading on a Facebook group for plate collectors.  Got ahead of my collection goal, which was to get a plate from each state I've visited.  I have 48 plates, but have only visited 30 states (roughly).  Good luck to completing your collection.

HANDM

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on December 26, 2022, 07:21:16 PM
The people at www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline may be able to answer those questions for you?  :shruggy:

Remember, it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a asshole than to open it and prove it  ::)

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: HANDM on December 27, 2022, 01:48:27 PMRemember, it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a {expletive deleted} than to open it and prove it  ::)

Old Alaskan proverb - Ask a silly question, expect a silly answer.  :Twocents:

426HemiChick

Hi Alaska, Frank,              27 December 2022

Hope I didn't start an argument between friends. I was just trying to be funny. Kinda "Thunk" it back-farted. Please accept my apologies for stiring up something that should never have occurred; mea culpa, mea culpa.

Wishing everyone here a Very Blessed New Year and hope everyone gets the Daytona or Super Bird of their dreams this coming New Year.

Take Care All

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

tan top

:coolgleamA: looks good impressive collection  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Dart

Wow, now that's impressive!

Alaskan_TA

Thanks! It took a while.

The Mopar themed plates go on the higher section of the back wall, Hemi, 440, Sixpak, etc.

426HemiChick

Hi Alaska,                30 December 2022

That is one nice collection, very impressive.

I think we may have 6 plates, one of which is a Japanese Motor Cycle plate I was supposed to turn in before I shipped my bike home in 13 boxes. The only thing I didn't send home was the battery, which has been lying on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean 50 years.

Wishing You a Very Blessed and Happy New Year !!!!

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Back N Black

I have about 180 plates on this wall. 12 foot ceiling.

nvrbdn

Darn, I was just in Alabama yesterday. I could have grabbed one at the hotel parking lot! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House