News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FAST 303000

Started by dragrazor, December 31, 2022, 03:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrazor

hoping someone can answer about using my original dash tach, 66 Charger. I have installed a multiport FAST Sportsman 303000 and their distributor 305013 dual sync, plus a now discontinued E-6 ignition box.  Instructions claim to use neg coil wire to wire in E-6 that is green? Nothing mentions using the positive wire to coil at all?  Not at shop now, do have a diagram that shows 3 wires to tach. So have to relook, seems as if needs 12 volts for tach as well?   The ECM certainly needs rpm input as well.  Glad to have discovered this forum/thanks for any help

Trying to add photo but fills entire area, hope to figure it out thanks again

metallicareload99

I would think the E-6 ignition box would have a tach output (MSD and Summit Racing boxes do)? Tach should have 12 volts positive, the signal wire, and a ground (there will be another wire if the tach is lighted). I'm guessing the ECM should be getting RPM from the distributor?
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

dragrazor

The E-6 does does have a tach wire(green), but it is supposed to go to the FAST harness. thanks for the reply.  the 66 has a sender with 3 wires before attaching to tach. got to keep researching thanks for the reply