News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

-69 Tubular front suspension

Started by 69-R/T SE, January 02, 2023, 08:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69-R/T SE

Hi guys. I need help to recognize my tubular coilover front suspension to -69 Charger. I have searched all over different suspension makers with no luck. Previous owner don't remember where he buyed it from. The reinforcement plate in the pictures is home made but rest is US made, but I dont know who has made it. Perhaps some of you recognize it. Thanks.

Kern Dog

Throw that into the trash.
The factory parts will be the strongest, the most durable and fit and function correctly. In terms of a cruiser, they are the easiest to install and align. In terms of road race cars, there are no recorded cases of a tubular front suspension setup that outperforms a well sorted, slightly upgraded  torsion bar arrangement.
For a straight line dedicated drag race car, these suspension and steering setups show an advantage simply because they offer more header clearance.

Kern Dog

Magnum Farce?

:smilielol:

That shady outfit makes crap that isn't worth scrap value. Just look at the K member itself.....nothing to provide any resistance to "parellelogramming".
In short, the frame rails with a stock K member are far better equipped to resist side to side movement due to the robust "K" shape. This Magnum Farce turd has a single tubular member in place of the K.
Terrible.

69-R/T SE

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 02, 2023, 09:27:21 PM
Throw that into the trash.
The factory parts will be the strongest, the most durable and fit and function correctly. In terms of a cruiser, they are the easiest to install and align. In terms of road race cars, there are no recorded cases of a tubular front suspension setup that outperforms a well sorted, slightly upgraded  torsion bar arrangement.
For a straight line dedicated drag race car, these suspension and steering setups show an advantage simply because they offer more header clearance.

Kern Dog, I totally agree with you. I have been totally happy with my lightly modifisert stock R/T suspension for 35 years now. That suspension followed with pile of parts I purchased a year ago, and I just planning to sell it. Put it had been nice to know who fabrikaded it, and it's missing steering rack.

pipeliner

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 03, 2023, 01:25:55 AM
Magnum Farce?

:smilielol:

That shady outfit makes crap that isn't worth scrap value. Just look at the K member itself.....nothing to provide any resistance to "parellelogramming".
In short, the frame rails with a stock K member are far better equipped to resist side to side movement due to the robust "K" shape. This Magnum Farce turd has a single tubular member in place of the K.
Terrible.
Well that's true but just how many people are drinking the Kool-aid that coil over suspension is far superior than the T-Bar set up on our Big Block Mopars.

Kern Dog

In light duty cruising on smooth streets, they may be fine. They do look fancy and modern. Some guys are interested because new setups come in boxes all clean and shiny with new hardware and instructions.

pipeliner

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 05, 2023, 01:11:56 PM
In light duty cruising on smooth streets, they may be fine. They do look fancy and modern. Some guys are interested because new setups come in boxes all clean and shiny with new hardware and instructions.
Exactly.