News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4. Few questions.

Started by Dino, January 08, 2023, 04:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I decided on the 4150 model since it's a stockish car that only sees street use. Does anyone know if I need to run the fuel pressure at 43 psi or at 58 psi? What rail mounted regulator do I need? Mount ECU under the hood or under the dash? What's the best way to hook up the kickdown for the 727? Anything else I need to look out for? I'll be using an epoxy filled MSD Blaster coil and whatever plug wires Edelbrock recommends.

Crower 271HDP
HP manifolds
2.5" TTI exhaust with H pipe
3:23

Cam specs:

INT/EXH - Dur @ .050" Lift: 222°/234° RR: 1.5/1.5 Gross Lift: .486"/.496" LSA: 112° RPM: 1800 to 6000 Redline: 6500

I forgot to add, static compression is a hair below 9:1 and it's a 040 over so 448 ci?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

metallicareload99

I don't quite understand why there is a choice, but I would run it @ 58 psi. I would probably use the 174023 regulator or something similar, kinda lame they didn't include one. I would mount the ECU under dash if possible. Kickdown I would think would be just like a carb with the right lever adapter 1481?
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

WHITE AND RED 69

What injectors are included in the kit? I thought I read somewhere that the 43 psi was for under 450 horsepower and 58 psi was for 500+?

For the kickdown, the fuel rail is going to cause an issue with the stock bracket or any of the taller brackets. So unless you do some fab work it might not work. And the height of the new intake might be too tall for the stock kickdown rods. AR engineering might have a bracket that could work or you might have to go with the Bouchillon or Lokar kickdown cable setups. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

metallicareload99

I suppose 35 lb injectors at 58 psi might be too close to the minimum duty cycle with MPEFI :shruggy:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Dino

Thanks guys, the injectors are 35 lb. I'll check those places for cables. This is from the instructions. Looks like I'll be running 43 psi.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.