News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heat insulation/ noise insulation

Started by 66FBCharger, January 24, 2023, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I am in the process of trying to decide what to do to the interior floor of my 70 road runner. I'm interested in finding a product that is primarily to keep heat from coming into the passenger compartment. I see dyno mat type materials but they appear to be more for quieting the car down.
What have you used on your cars? How well would you say it works lowering the heat from coming through the floor into the passenger compartment?
Thanks!
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

b5blue

I used a product that looks like fiberglass mat with foil on it. Do searches for "heat blocking" and reject sound related as they transfer heat. Expect to reduce heat by 15 to 20 degrees around hump and along exhaust unless you can shield pipes like modern cars do. (I couldn't find that dimpled aluminum.)

Mike DC

Ceramic coat the headers.  Inside & out.

HANDM

ODZKing

Used the Frost King in both my cars, works great, affordable and easy to install.  :2thumbs: