News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black out behind the grill for 70 Charger

Started by 70 sublime, January 28, 2023, 02:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I am getting ready to get the engine back in my car
Have the K frame out and front suspension apart and at sandblaster getting cleaned up

Think I want to paint the black out behind the grill

How together was the car when the factory did it ?

If I do it now without the fenders on does everything at the front get black including the top crossmember
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

Anything not black tends to glow through the gill! Ya got a bunch of brackets and stuff to go on also.  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

This green will glow for sure is why I am thinking now is a good time to paint it before engine gets in

Kern Dog

The fenders and valance were in place before the black was sprayed. The grille and bumper were installed right after.

70 sublime

Does the top cross member get any black on it or just the side panels ?

Dino

Originally it was done pretty sloppy so the top radiator support may have gotten some overspray when black was applied from below the car, but it wasn't supposed to get much if any. I left mine white and I can't see it with the grille installed.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

Thanks

So I can paint what I have on the car now and leave the upper support green and black out the front of the fenders before they go on

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 29, 2023, 12:53:28 AM
Thanks

So I can paint what I have on the car now and leave the upper support green and black out the front of the fenders before they go on

You can do it that way or may be better to do the front of Fenders while on car to keep spray pattern more even & consistent, don't tape anything off so you don't leave or want any sharp tapelines. Let over spray land where it will. Usually the black out will cover only the first half or part of Fender, does not usually go all the way to ends of Fender. LEON.