News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FINALLY! Completely 3D printed hood mount turn signals !

Started by Canadian1968, January 28, 2023, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I finally worked out all the kinks and finally made myself a complete hood mount turn signal assembly for my 68 Charger. Including the lens!

Since these new housing are made of ABS like resin, they will not ground threw contact with the hood like the original OEM pieces did . This really is not a bad thing. With original design , you needed to make sure that housing was making contact with the hood , well enough to complete the circuit. This often would mean cleaning off an area of bare metal on the hood tabs to make the contact. Who wants to have bare metal on their hood that is easily exposed to the elements? Not to mention if it rattled a loose , the circuit is broken.

With this design the bulb is grounded threw a dedicated wire, that can be tapped in to basically anywhere you want. My personal choice will be a nice short wire to the inner hood support with a small self tapping crew. This is MUCH more secure connection and even if the housing were to wiggle it a bit, it would not break the the connection.

The light is also an LED , which has its own benefits .

The lens are made to identical dimensions of an original ( so are the housings ) They will work with a factory OEM metal housing as well .

The pictures included is a completely 3D printed housing, retainer and lens. The retainer is still in raw printed resin, but will be painted to match the housing.

Question I have about the lens. What is the correct style ? I see aftermarket offerd in sold in orange/ amber , I believe some have the face surrounding the center blacked out?

I am super excited about getting these installed for next spring!!

Mr. Lee

Canadian1968

For anyone interested I can make a set.

Price for the complete assembly as shown in picture ( Housing , Retainer, Lens, light and socket, Mounting hardware)
$180 Can. per PAIR

Housing only ( includes light, socket, and mounting hardware) $120 per PAIR * OEM original lens will fit
Lens only - $25 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )
Retainers - $20 EACH ( will fit OEM housing )

* These are not for an OEM restoration obviously ! These are for anyone looking for an affordable replacement that only requires the addition of an extra ground, the rest is plug and play !

* I am not offering the full wire harness down to the bulk head. you will have to splice the wires from my light into the original harness .

* These are 3D printed there are some VERY small printing irregularities, but I have made them all at points that are not visible when installed. If you want a better explanation of what I mean I can send more detailed pictures and explanation if wanted.

Shipping is extra of course. Located in London Ontario, Canada.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dkn1997

Very excited to get mine. 

My original housings have been junk for years and I've been rigging them up to keep them working.  the tabs broke off and I made my own out of small pieces of bent sheetmetal that you absolutely can't cut the crap out of yourself making  ::)
Once in a while I go out into the garage and think they got stolen only to find they fell out and are dangling under the hood.  I ordered a set off one of the usual suspects and misread the add, thought they came with housings but they came with everything but the housings lol. live and learn. 

looking forward to getting mine and having them stay put!

RECHRGED

Canadian1968

I think I'm just as excited for you to recieve them. I wish our postal service wasn't so damn slow!  I sent out two packages the same day but you are much closer and should recieve yours first !

Just happy I can help people add those little details to their favorite mopar ! 

dkn1997

In transit... Canada Post says 2/15 delivery date!   :2thumbs:
RECHRGED

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Canadian1968

Great looking car dkn1997 ! Glad your happy with them. Good luck with the sniper install

Kern Dog

I am sorry that it took me so dang long but.....
I bought two sets of these from this guy and got one set installed a few weeks back. They work GREAT,they are plenty bright and the appearance is fantastic. Thanks!

Canadian1968

Canadian1968

If anyone is thinking of these and your a resident of the US, remember my prices are Canadian dollars .

A set SHIPPED will only be roughly $150 US dollars.

I also make the 1970 version as well.....

Happy mopar-ing !

doctor4766

Quote from: Canadian1968 on July 28, 2023, 04:12:32 PMIf anyone is thinking of these and your a resident of the US, remember my prices are Canadian dollars .

A set SHIPPED will only be roughly $150 US dollars.

I also make the 1970 version as well.....

Happy mopar-ing !

Can we see your 1970 version?
Gotta love a '69

Kern Dog

Here are what mine looked like.
First, the stock, original ones, then the reproductions.

Canadian1968

KD beat me to it !

My version uses b9a bulbs insteaded of the tiny originals that are not as common and comparably much more expensive. The larger ba9 bubl also allows for much brighter light .

Only thing I want to mention is in KD last picture he has drawn in the ground wire going to the bottom mounting stud of the hood housing.  The ground wire on mine is actually made to connect to the screw that holds the lens in place. The exact same as the original. !

1970 version will be $90 US shipped