News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3D printed fender tags

Started by Kern Dog, January 28, 2023, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

There was a member here that was making these. He was clearly making them as a novelty and not meant to be a factory correct, legal VIN tag.
The search feature here isn't great. Nothing came up in the search for 3D printed fender tags.
The member had a 4 letter screen name if I recall....

Dino

I have a 3D printer. I also just ordered a resin printer capable of much finer detail. I'll try ro make a copy of my own tag and see how it goes.
Despite the correct number of letters it wasn't me!  :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kent

Dano 1, Greg. I bought a set off him. Has a note at the top for display purposes only or something like that.

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/
Kent

Kern Dog

Thanks guys.
I want to have one made for my red car with codes that were never available. Stuff like E95 for the 495 inch engine,  D 25 for the 5 speed, R35 for the CD player, stuff like that.

Mopar Nut

I want a fender tag that reads like this.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mr. Lee

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

keepat

Here is the link for the 3-D printed fender tags. I was very happy with the one he made for my car.
Pat

https://www.nextgendesignsnc.com/

Kern Dog

Thanks to all.
I don't recall if I lost my fender tag during the teardown for paintwork or if I ever even had it. I wasn't concerned with that sort of thing back then.

Dano 1

Hadn't checked in in a couple of days but yes I can still do the fender tags. Shoot me a PM or email at dan@nextgendesignsnc.com and we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks for everyone chiming in on my behalf!
1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dano 1 on January 30, 2023, 09:04:39 AM
Hadn't checked in in a couple of days but yes I can still do the fender tags. Shoot me a PM or email at dan@nextgendesignsnc.com and we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks for everyone chiming in on my behalf!
Thank you!
I can't find your original thread on this subject. There were pictures in there that showed the font design.

Dano 1

Had to dig back through my previous posts but I found it: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,136550.0.html

Page 3 has some good painted pics and some shots of Pat's tag for his Bullet build which are a great reference for custom codes etc.

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

Kern Dog

I have to go point by point and make up the code numbers that I want.
I know that the fender tags don't reflect all the options the car had. I am not even sure what exactly is on every one.
Engine, transmission, VIN, exterior color, stripes , vinyl top, interior color, seat style and color, A/C, radio and what else?
I added stuff to my car that I'd like to include. Auto dimming rear view mirror, CD player, electric trunk lock,  wiring upgrades, H4 headlights, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

70 sublime

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2023, 12:46:09 PM
I have to go point by point and make up the code numbers that I want.
I know that the fender tags don't reflect all the options the car had. I am not even sure what exactly is on every one.
Engine, transmission, VIN, exterior color, stripes , vinyl top, interior color, seat style and color, A/C, radio and what else?
I added stuff to my car that I'd like to include. Auto dimming rear view mirror, CD player, electric trunk lock,  wiring upgrades, H4 headlights, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

This site has a good list of the tag numbers and may give you some ideas
It list some for like A51 is for 71 Duster or 70 Sport Fury which you may not want to use

https://mymopar.com/1969-1971-fender-tag-broadcast-sheet-codes-list/
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

Thanks, Lime guy!
I went line by line and wrote out the codes that apply, along with my own numbered codes like E95 to represent the 495 cubes I now have.
This is fun!

westcoastdodge

Had my 3d printed fender tag on my car now for around 12 months,looks great :coolgleamA:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz