News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight vacuum

Started by mAdMoPaR, January 30, 2023, 07:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mAdMoPaR

Does the headlight vacuum canister hold vacuum?  How do you test it to make sure its working properly?  Thanks.

70 sublime

The tank is like a reserve so when you turn the car off there is still enough vacuum to close the doors  ( if nothing is leaking )
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

mAdMoPaR

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 30, 2023, 08:45:38 PM
The tank is like a reserve so when you turn the car off there is still enough vacuum to close the doors  ( if nothing is leaking )

So would be possible to be able to check if it is indeed able to hold vacuum while out of the car? Reason is I traced the poor idle/ stalling to a vacuum leak to my headlight vacuum hose and now trying to figure out where in the headlight vacuum circuit (switch, canister, hoses, etc.) :cheers:

DownZero

Should be an easy test. Just apply vacuum to it with a hand held vacuum pump and see if it holds.

70 sublime

Do you have one of those hand held brake bleeder pumps ?
That would work to see if the tank is leaking
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Hemidog

I would say the most like culprits is the headlight switch, the actuators, then the canister

mAdMoPaR

Yes I do have a pump, will try that tonight. I'm assuming it's a one way check valve right? Are these valves removable or repairable? I did notice its pretty loose and spins freely.

Hemidog

Yes, it is a check valve.

I do not believe it is serviceable, but it did help to spray a little WD40 in each hole.

The actuators are semi-serviceable. Mine leaked a lot of vacuum from the actuator rod due to corrosion, but I managed to seal it up.