News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Bracket Mystery

Started by mike337, March 14, 2023, 08:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

As I continue to open long dormant boxes of parts to put back into my 69 Charger, I continue to run into things I do not recognize after 20+ years.  This is the latest.  Is it a bracket for an A/C part??

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

Bracket.jpg

Mytur Binsdirti

A383Wing

the bottom of that bracket looks like it would fit in the channel of the bottom of the dash cluster, like for a light or something. The metal is too thin to be any type of bracket for AC

Daytona R/T SE

It's an air conditioner evaporator core line bracket thingie.

I have them on my '72 Chargers, My 69 Chargers don't have them, at least the one I just looked at doesn't.

The small hole is for a screw that goes into the firewall, the hex shaped hole goes over the "nut" area of the line going into (or out of?) the evaporator core. Prevents the tube of the core from being twisted when the a/c line is installed.

I took a picture, but I don't feel like resizing it right now, maybe tomorrow. :scratchchin:  :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Here it is...

mike337

Thanks for clearing up the issue.  Now back to the other hundred or so parts to install.

Mike

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mike337 on March 16, 2023, 03:18:07 PMThanks for clearing up the issue.  Now back to the other hundred or so parts to install.

Mike

:2thumbs: