News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started on clone today, again.

Started by dads_69, May 30, 2006, 12:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nakita7

Looks awesome.

What year of Vega hatch is that? What years will work?

hotrod98

Starting to look like a daytona already.  ;D I have Howie's vega plug sitting on the back of his car, but I've been too tied up to get started on it. I'm going to alter the decklid first, install the upper channel and then cut the plug.
What are you using for your trunk opening measurements?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

myrt70

70 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

looks good, your getting there . i just found a 73 charger thats getting parted out. I'm gonna take the drip rail out of it and try to use that on the daytona. i remember someone saying it was a correct fit but I'm doing the trunk lid first before i finish welding the plug in place. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Rene, The radius on the 71-74 charger dutchman panel is the exact same as the repro trunk reinforecement piece and of course the daytona trunk lid front edge as well. However, I'm still not sure if the depth of each of the bend areas on that dutchman are correct. It may have to be altered. I plan to experiment with it in a couple of weeks.That's another one of the parts that we plan to build and sell to make everyone's life easier.  Right now I'm just trying to get this hemi car going so that I can take it to Branson in August. Then I can get back on the daytona project full time. I'll keep everyone posted. We're still hoping to have parts ready this year.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Mark, The closer you get that side lip to flush, the less filling you'll have to do. I haven't started on Howard's plug yet, but in studying it last night, I really want to get it down in there as flush as possible. Will save many hours of sanding and contouring. Just don't forget to weld that piece in for the headliner before you weld that thing in permanently.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

ON MY CLONE , I WELDED THE VEGA FLANGE FLUSH WITH THE ORIG ROOF LINE WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL . YOU TACK IT THEN TAP IT FLAT , DO THAT ALL THE WAY