News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Eng. idles good in "drive" but turn on lights and car dies?...UPDATE!!!

Started by AKcharger, August 14, 2005, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I've heard the voltmeter conversion talked about but Don't know anything about it. I guess that's a possibility

b5blue

Quote from: AKcharger on September 22, 2014, 08:17:34 AM
Yup, don't like the idea of it being inop.  :yesnod:
I like the ALT gauge myself, have a new OER brand one to install when I redo inst. cluster. OER is rated @ 60AMP, perfect for my needs. I also have an 8GA. stereo amplifier feed kit to turn into a "Fleet modification" charging upgrade. As the Denso has a Max. idle output of 60AMP everything will be rated just fine.  

Dino

Quote from: AKcharger on September 22, 2014, 04:09:53 PM
I've heard the voltmeter conversion talked about but Don't know anything about it. I guess that's a possibility

Look up my diy voltmeter thread.  You'll have it done for $30 or less.  The thread contains a few gauge decal templates.  Just take the design of your choice to a local printer like Kinko's and have them print it in true black on decal paper.  Works great and looks stock.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

AKcharger

Impressive! I'd like to find an old gauge to do the MOD on and then install at once

For those of you interested...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108698.100.html

69wannabe

I had saved up the cash and sent mine out to redline gaugeworks for the conversion. It runs about $200 bucks for the conversion. I bolted the two hot wires together that went to the amp gauge and  tapped them up good with electrical tape and that was it. The cluster goes in alot easier when you don't have to hook up the amp gauge anymore. Wish I was more talented like dino with this kinda stuff but usually it's better for me to sub it out!!

AKcharger

Volt conversion complete, and still no problems. Can't believe I went that long with that alt gage, the car could have caught fire!!

TexasGeneral

This should be the first thing done to any charger with the ammeter still wired in.. bypass it!
(please no hate replies from the purists)

AKcharger

:iagree:  I was completely ignorant of that gage being such a threat!