News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake problem

Started by red72chrgr, August 06, 2005, 09:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red72chrgr

Hi folks. I have a 72 w/318 mostly stock. The brake pedal goes to the floor and won't come back up on it's own. I checked the wheel cylinders and none are leaking. Fluid level is good. Could this be a booster problem? Any thoughts or help will be appreciated.  :)
Nothing personal, just business

Chryco Psycho

Have you bled the lines to each wheel ??

68 RT

If you have no leaks, I would say master cyl. is bad. Or as Chryco said try bleeding the brakes.

Ghoste

A booster problem is more likely to manifest itself as a very hard to push to the floor brake pedal or a mysterious vacuum leak.

Charger_Fan

If the pedal doesn't return, I'd say it's either dirt/rust in the cylinder bore (need new Master cylinder) or possibly the brake pedal pivot is bound up.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

red72chrgr

Thanks for all the replies and possible solutions. I'll keep trying to figure it out.
Nothing personal, just business