News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started hacking away at her today.... Pics

Started by 69bananabeast, August 15, 2005, 05:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

Talked to her for a little bit today and adressed her about her bubble butt.   Had to settle her down before went to work on her and convinced her it was in hers and mine best interest that I do a little bit of work on her. Fixed her rear quarters and behind the door on passenger side and came out well . All i've got left is a crack below the drivers side door   and a couple more bubbles in front of the quarter. Pretty soon I'll be ready to give her some new paint( been wanting to do for awhile now). Im pretty sure im going to end up going for Lemon Twist.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bananabeast

ill gets some tom.  sorry wont be able to get any of the before pics in some spots but the bubbles were about 3/4- 1/2 '' big .
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

69bananabeast

after   

Sorry pics arent that great took them with my phone and the light wasnt that great.

One thing I did find out about my car is that it has a load of bondo all around it. Had to be like 1/4'' thick or so
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Drop Top

If you did what I think you did. Your going to have those bubbles come back on you in a year or less. Those bubbles are rust. All you did was cover the rust up with bondo. I hope you at least welded up the holes before you spread that filler. From the pictures it doesn't look as if you did anything but grind and fill with plastic filler and sand smooth.
I'm not flaming on you. I am just warning you. I hate to see you go through all the expense and trouble of painting the car. Only to have a rust problem come back and have to start all over again.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bananabeast

Did fill in the holes with welder . used a chemical for rust , dont remember what name of was .  quarters cut small pieces out worked with and welded back on. .  Some time in the future im gonna have to do a full resto on it as well from what it seems like this car was covered on bondo everywhere just to make it smooth . Like stated before the amoung of bondo on this car was pretty thick . Theres a mopar shop in town that doesnt complete restos but they have long wait list and projected about 10k for it . www.paintshop101.com
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

BigBlockSam

QuoteTalked to her for a little bit today and adressed her about her bubble butt 

:smilielol:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img