News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building a Superbird clone just got easier....

Started by hotrod98, June 09, 2006, 07:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Don Currie is building complete fiberglass front ends for Superbird clones. No more rounding up Coronet hoods and fenders and then having to alter them. The clip is made up of individual pieces and should bolt up nice. He's going to put the first one on e-bay just to see what kind of interest it generates. If anyone's interested, they can contact him at  www.islandserve.com/~dc99/.
He's located in Canada, north of Seattle, WA. He also builds the wings, wing washers, braces and the back window plug.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Howie

Put it on a prostreet runner and have the front end tilt to show a blown injected hemi.

THE CHARGER PUNK

i know about that dude , he lives here in B.C. like 30min drive from me ;D,SWEET DEAL!!!, his prices are affordable as well-MATT

Old Moparz

Hmm, I do have a 1970 Road Runner. :D

That looks great Larry, thanks.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Blown70

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 09, 2006, 11:44:15 PM
Hmm, I do have a 1970 Road Runner. :D

That looks great Larry, thanks.

What you waiting for.......

70daytonaclone

finally I can make some nice out of my70 satellite! Yea!!

BigBlockSam

hey very cool, do you have any idea about the price. gives me idea's about my satellite.   :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

hotrod98 is that your black superbird being built on his page?

hotrod98

Quote from: B5 BLUE DODGE CHARGER PUNK on June 10, 2006, 11:03:37 PM
hotrod98 is that your black superbird being built on his page?

No, I think that some of the parts that he built for my bird may be on that website though.  My car is here at my shop at home. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to work on it or Howie's daytona lately. I've been busy driving my '71 cuda to car shows and cruise-ins and I've been working on my hemi chal convert clone. I did fire the 426 hemi up Friday night for the first time. I can't wait to drive that bad boy. It's going to be interesting to see which car's more badass, the hemi convert or the 440-6 superbird clone. I've put the bird and my daytona clone on the back burner temporarily until my new shop is built.

Charles Addams

WilliesDaytona

Got to get that front end for my Street Race, Superbird Clone..

hotrod98

The Superbird fiberglass front clip is on e-bay now.

Here's the link.

**Inactive Link Removed**

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

thats a good price $2500 . i wonder what shipping is on that. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Shipping would be the killer. Don had to cut my bird nose into two pieces to be able to ship it by UPS. Otherwise, the shipping costs would have exceeded $500 just for the nose. I think the total shipping costs for the nose, fender extensions, wing and wing washers was close to $400. I don't think I'll buy too much stuff out of Canada from now on. I would bet that the shipping on that front end will be over $1000. I'll try to remember to ask Don how much it ended up costing the guy to ship that assembly next time I talk to him.

Charles Addams

Lowprofile

If you build it, they will come........... :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

BigBlockSam

your still missing all the headlight  stuff. to me thats the hardest stuff.  :D

WilliesDaytona

Has anyone seen or know if they are even still making this front end. I want one

FJ5WING

TIME TO SELL!!!!!!!!!

in five years theres going to be more superbirds than Road Runners!  :RantExplode:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on November 18, 2009, 08:42:17 PM
TIME TO SELL!!!!!!!!!

in five years theres going to be more superbirds than Road Runners!  :RantExplode:
man the cloners are taking over   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: WilliesDaytona on November 18, 2009, 08:01:00 PM
Has anyone seen or know if they are even still making this front end. I want one

Contact Don Currie. He's a true wingcar nut. He also builds some cool Batmobiles.

http://www.islandserve.com/~dc99/

Man this is an old thread.  ;D

Charles Addams

CornDogsCharger

I'm getting ready to install one of these front clips on a friend's 'Bird Clone.  Hope it fits well!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

superbirdtom

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 09, 2006, 12:50:34 PM
YES!!!

saw steel panther inhollywood last yea  i never laughed so  hard they are like a spinal tap show  halarious.  theyre made up of actual former metal guys that were from famous bands.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 19, 2009, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 09, 2006, 12:50:34 PM
YES!!!

saw steel panther inhollywood last yea  i never laughed so  hard they are like a spinal tap show  halarious.  theyre made up of actual former metal guys that were from famous bands.
they came here to KC two times this last year , they are great and funny as hell . Had to think of you tom when i saw them .  LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Delete my profile