News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Steering Box?

Started by 69chargerdad, June 07, 2006, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerdad

Hi were back yet again. We just got done replacing the lower seals on the steering box becease we were leaking fluid from the pitman arm. To our surprise the power steering box still seems to be leaking from the same place. We plan on replacing the seals again but we are unsure of what could have caused this to leak again. Is there any secrets to installing these seals? If we are unsuccessful again we may look into a new/rebuilt power steering box. I have looked into firm feel inc and they have three options for 300$, is there anything of similar quality at comparable prices. I talked to a fellow mopar guy at the part store and he told me that later model diplomat steering boxes with police packages were much better than original. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks ahead for any suggestions or insight

Marcus

Plumcrazy

Make sure you wrap a piece of tape or aluminum foil around the splined portion of the shaft to protect the seal while you slide it into place.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

you may have a deep groove worn into the shaft where the seal rides on it , Firm Feel would be my choice for a replacement