News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gas prices!

Started by rt green, August 15, 2005, 08:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

i can't belive the price of gas! and to think, i got a sixpack going on!!!!  it's about 2.53 in sioux falls south dakota. i know some of you guys got it worse.........yikes!   you sure can tell it's not an election year.
third string oil changer

LahTera

I was just telling someone we went from $2.37 to $2.44 since yesterday!   :flame:  And that's for the cheap stuff!!!

I can't imagine running a 6-pack these days, although I've always wanted one.  <Sigh!>  But then, who wouldn't?   :devil:

LahTera

rebby

$2.439 to $2.699 overnight for me.

Absolutely INSANE!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

LahTera

I forgot to mention, we're in Alaska.  We should be getting lower prices, being we have so much oil and all, don't ya' think?   :yesnod:   :icon_smile_wink:

73rallye440magnum

2.59 here for me, for 87 octane. who cares, its worth it if you're in a musclecar
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

rt green

89 octane.......ya know, the new stuff just doesnt taste as good as the old stuff.
third string oil changer

LahTera

Hm ... so far, it seems Alaska has the cheapest gas.  Guess I shouldn't complain!   ::)

Khyron

Quote from: LahTera on August 15, 2005, 08:55:06 PM
being we have so much oil and all, don't ya' think?     :yesnod:     :icon_smile_wink:

Drill faster  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

THE COLONEL

What else can any of us do?  They have us by the throat, no matter what car we have.  They said for the Pittsburgh PA area, we could hit $3 by labor day. :flame:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Silver R/T

Quote from: LahTera on August 15, 2005, 09:46:31 PM
Hm ... so far, it seems Alaska has the cheapest gas. Guess I shouldn't complain! ::)

make pipeline to my house ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

MoparYoungGun

$2.70 a gallon here in the Twin Cities for 87. Just last night we filled up our Buick with 92 for $2.70 a gallon. Now I believe 92 is about $2.90 a gallon. It just keeps on going up :flame: !

LahTera

QuoteDrill faster   :icon_smile_big:

Quotemake pipeline to my house  ;) 

ROFL!  If only!  Am hoping they put the gas pipeline in.  I know they're working on drilling in ANWR these days. 

If only we had more refineries up here; then gas would be a lot less expensive for us Alaskans.  <Sigh!>  Might even be able to afford the 102 -- if they just made it anymore.

And Twin Cities?!  Are you from Minneapolis-St. Paul?  I'm an original Minnesota gal.   :icon_smile_cool:

LahTera

Brock Samson

LahTera

Too bad they don't let you vote for more than 1!  I've cut back on driving AND other things!

LahTera

KMPX2

Brock Samson

$2.70 here in san fran.Calif.

Silver R/T

2.49 here at costco (gotta have $50 card)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

My local gas station here in the burbs is at $2.75 for the cheap stuff!   I haven't been downtown to see the prices there, but they're usually 20-30cents more than out here... :icon_smile_dissapprove:

hemihead

Gas Prices are insane.But there are factors to be figured in here also.You have an OIL man in the Whitehouse.There is the trouble in Iraq.The economy is down.And the Yuppie generation of the greedy 80's is running the country now.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

Gas prices are high for one simple reason: the oil companies are screwing us over. Do a search on their first- and second-quarter profits from this year compared to last and you'll see what I mean. No matter what BS excuse they come up with the truth is that it's greed, plain and simple. Now they're just trying to get their last little digs in before Labor Day.

andy74

:iagree:just another example of the government giving us the porking,greedy bastards :patriot:,

Lightning

Quote from: andy74 on August 16, 2005, 10:53:25 AM
:iagree:just another example of the government giving us the porking,greedy bastards :patriot:,

agreed.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

BigBlackDodge

At the pump the attendant calls over the speaker.............'assume the position buddy!' :o

Heard it's supposed to go down AFTER labor day..............thx :rotz:

BBD

hemihead

Pittsburgh area $2.56 up .10 overnight
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

tomonty

As long as we keep paying for it, the oil companies will keep raising the price because they know they can....
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

SirNik73

Just wait til Nacho posts on this thread.... you'll all wanna cry! its $2.61 here in Sacramento Ca
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

BigBadCharger

It's 2.75 for 87 octane, so stop complaining till you have prices that high.
How's your wife and my kids?

ChargerSG

Ok and now a horrorstory from Sweden, 5.50 per gallon yes you read right and them you have to have a bottle of led since all gas is without, soo those who ride V8 here is 4 real;)
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

taxspeaker

15 years later same prices

Mike DC

Quote15 years later same prices

And the US dollar has probably doubled since then.  (The official inflation figures are about as honest as the official unemployment figures.)

alfaitalia

Rant on! Stop your whining already!...I paid £6.04 per gallon today...that's $7.61 converted to your money. Even allowing for our bigger gallon that would be $6.41 per US gallon. About three years ago it topped $10 a UK gallon for a few weeks...when the fuel tanker drivers went on strike.
In case you have not realised it you have about the cheapest gas prices in the developed world...make the most of it...I'm pretty sure it won't last. The ever growing and powerful green  lobby will use increasing the cost of gas to drive you out of your big thirsty cars. Don't think it won't/can't happen "here in the USA"....that what we thought in the 70s....and take a look now. It certainly worked...you could drive all day in lots of places in Europe (UK included) and not see anything powered by a V8. Most people see anything much over 2 litres as polluting and unnecessary! Don't laugh...your time will come!
Lots over here don't care about the cost of fuel anyway....the trickle of folks buying full electric cars had turned into a flood...and after 2042 it wont be legal to buy a new car powered by internal combustion in the UK...oh well more petrol for me! At the moment that would not be practical in your huge country .....but advances in battery technology are coming thick and fast now so they wil soon engineer their way past those problems. So buy your cheap fuel now friends...the end is nigh! Rant over!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

GreenMachine

I don't think anybody's been whining on this thread for at least 14 years???? The price is way low compared to inflation.

The competitive price and longer range of electric/alternative vehicles isn't here yet, but I think it's not far off. When that happens, the government will have to raise gas prices to get more people to buy electric vehicles. Probably in the $4-5.00 range initially I'd guess, it surely won't happen under this president though. I'm curious how things will be when the majority of cars on the road aren't gas powered. All the massive infrastructure still in place, will the price/gallon be high or low? There will always be a need for gas/diesel.....classic cars, lawn mowers, planes, farm equipment, construction equipment, etc.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

70 sublime

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 17, 2019, 02:14:26 AM
I don't think anybody's been whining on this thread for at least 14 years???? The price is way low compared to inflation.

The competitive price and longer range of electric/alternative vehicles isn't here yet, but I think it's not far off. When that happens, the government will have to raise gas prices to get more people to buy electric vehicles. Probably in the $4-5.00 range initially I'd guess, it surely won't happen under this president though. I'm curious how things will be when the majority of cars on the road aren't gas powered. All the massive infrastructure still in place, will the price/gallon be high or low? There will always be a need for gas/diesel.....classic cars, lawn mowers, planes, farm equipment, construction equipment, etc.

What happens when half of all the cars on the road are electric and they will be wearing out the pavement as fast as the gas cars
How are they going to pay their share to maintain the roads if they are not paying tax on their fuel like the gas cars do ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

krops cars

It would be great to have a business where something breaks at your company and you can jack the prices threw the roof. 

Mike DC

What happens when half of all the cars on the road are electric and they will be wearing out the pavement as fast as the gas cars
How are they going to pay their share to maintain the roads if they are not paying tax on their fuel like the gas cars do ??

Direct mileage tax.  It will happen sooner or later.

QuoteIt would be great to have a business where something breaks at your company and you can jack the prices threw the roof.

It's just free market capitalism.  Oil goes up after a tanker accident or something because of supply & demand.  The public doesn't all rush out and fill their gas tanks in response, but the distributors higher up in the supply chain basically do.

odcics2

Prices rising for the usual July 4th Holiday screwing!!!

:icon_smile_blackeye:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?