News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater Hose Clips/brackets @ Fender and Alternator - are they reproduced?

Started by Corellian Corvette, June 11, 2006, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

One thing I've noticed when comparing engine compartment pictures of the 68 charger I'm getting with some of the folks here on the boards, is these really nice heater-hose clips/brackets.  One comes straight up off the alternator, and the other is bolted to the left fender at the top and loops down.

Are those clips reproduced by anyone, or do I need to find an original set.

What's the correct term for them?

Would they be correct on my 68?

Thanks! 

694spdRT

I got new brackets for my '69 from Mega Parts but, most repo suppliers should have them. I think the '68(big block at least) uses a mount off the passenger side valve cover instead of the fender mounted piece like in '69. The alternator bracket may be the same one. If you are not worried about correctness and like the '69 setup it should work fine.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Shakey

I got my alternator mounted heater hose bracket from Bill Allphin, he is a member here.

He has plenty of correct stuff and will point you in the right direction!

http://www.amhightechauto.com/

My car is a '69 and my other heater hose bracket mounts to the inner fender.

I am sure I have a pic on my other PC.

8WHEELER

It sounds like you might be close to me, I live in Redmond, are you in Seattle?

This is the correct heater hose bracket for 67 and 68 big blocks w/out AC, if you have AC its a 4in
tall bracket in the same bracket. You can see some other brackets in the pic, if you need more
We can help you out.

Good luck getting your 68 Charger  :2thumbs:  and you will have to bring it over  ;D  But sorry
no GM parts here  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

That's awesome! I'm actually in Woodinville, but I work in Redmond (right near Target and Mervyns)

Where are you? I'd love to hook up and check out your car and introduce myself.

8WHEELER

:o :o  Do I already know you? I live near the Novelty Hill RD and Avondale intersection, 2mi from Target, small world.
You drive right by my area every day.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

It's unbelivable that I've never seen your car.

I work on Union Hill at the MS campus across from UPS. Been there for 6 years and I've never seen your car. I live up Avondale near Cottage Lake.

PM me your info and we'll grab lunch or something. I don't have the car yet, but would love to see yours and I tons of questions on good MOPAR support nearby.

I'm in Japan right now but I'll be back on Friday.

birdsandbees

I hate to "refresh" an 11 year old thread... but which is correct? Bracket on the outside of the alternator bracket.. or sandwiched between it and the alternator?? I think sandwiched.. but would like confirmation before I install mine tomorrow..  THANKS !
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Dino

Pretty sure it mounts on top of the bracket, like Shakey's picture shows. Pretty sure...not 100% sure.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

gtx6970

Bolt goes thru the heater hose bracket, then the alt bracket then thru the alternator / spacers itself ( like on the orange motored car above )