News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Top Gear" on Discov Channel

Started by 4forty, August 25, 2005, 09:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4forty

Anyone see last nights episode on Discovery Channel @ 10:00. They had a great segment driving a '68 Charger R/T around England, "The Ultimate American Muscle Car I think they called it. Guy on show bought a '69 and had it exported to England, ugly hood paint but cool car. also on same show was an awesome video hot lapping a '05 Ford GT, Sideways and tires smoking the whole time and a segment teaching 80-year old Grannies how to do donuts!!! (in a car, not baking) and a nun driving a monster truck,  cool british show. Keep an eye out for the rerun!

Jon Smith

He didn't keep the '69 for long though he's sold it now

69hemi

I saw that and was wonderng if the owner of the 68 Charger was a member.  Not sure if I liked the Grannie's donut segment or the Monster Truck Nun better.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

CB

for those who want to see the vid: I have it on my website.

http://users.pandora.be/christian_mopar/Top_Gear_Dodge_Charger_hi.wmv
warning: 29 MB!

It is a cool video.
The guy bought this:

and sold it a couple of months later.

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

41husk

that is a cool show sometimes.  I like it better than American Muscle.  Boyd and dwayne just rub me the wrong way for some reason.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

American Muscle or American Hotrod?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Your correct American Hotrod,  my mistake.  My wife hates all those shows.  American Muscle was pretty good, it was on the speed channel.  I don't get that anymore.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

4forty

Why did he sell it?? Is it back in the ol' USA?

volk68

Yeah, why did he sell it?  He seemed to be totally in love with the Charger  ???  Was it just not fitting in his garage :icon_smile_blackeye:

psykicpup

ummm good question....heard something 'bout it going up for sale but not sure why ...Jon any Ideas?
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Telvis

I watch that show sometimes. I like it. I didn't see that episode but that R/T looks good. Isn't gas something like $6 or $7 a gallon there? That might be a motivating factor to sell.

CB

Quote from: Telvis on August 25, 2005, 06:57:20 PM
I watch that show sometimes. I like it. I didn't see that episode but that R/T looks good. Isn't gas something like $6 or $7 a gallon there? That might be a motivating factor to sell.

Yep, but I won't sell mine  :ahum:
(unless I find a decent 69 R/T)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

4402tuff4u

The 69 Charger was too much of a high performance car for the guy so he had to sell it. :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Andrew

451-74Charger

Actually, he has "other" projects to persue, and had not got enough space to store all his cars.
So he had a friend list it on Ebay for him.