News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

are they all gone?

Started by rt green, June 15, 2006, 06:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Curnane

I dont have one but I want one

BigBlockSam

i just passed on a 70 charger 4 speed for $5800. needed alot of help but it was all there . so there still out there. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

rt green

why did you pass on it? did it suck that bad?
third string oil changer

BigBlockSam

cause i had no where to put it. i have 5 mopars at my house and two in storage. if i had the space i would have bought it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

rt green

i  can understand and relate to that. but, sometimes with me, common sence and mopars dont mix. i'll buy a car, and figure out where i'm going to put it when i'm pulling into the driveway with it, and the wife is looking at me and has the old wtf look on her face. i dont know, maybe i need help.
third string oil changer

Ghoste

That's why you're here with this support group isn't it?

BigBlockSam

i got the same sickness, if all my mopars came home at the same time. i wouldn't know what to do and i'm still looking for more.   ???

69charger2002

i am there with ya'll. i do not need any more cars EVER, yet i search ebay every night. so stupid. but it's an addiction
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Rack

If any of you all ever decide to unload one you could always send one my way.

:icon_smile_cool:

Or try and E-Raffle. Sell a few tickets here via paypal or something. Maybe $100 a ticket. You sell $200 tickets you've got 20K. And I'm sure some of the guys here would buy multiple tickets.

I'm raffling my Sig P220. I haven't sold as many tickets as I expected (still have a few people to talk to though), but I've already made more money then if I were to sell the gun instead of raffling.

rt green

i bet my wife bought a ticket
third string oil changer

hemigeno

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on June 18, 2006, 05:50:57 PM
(I know of a particular second gen Charger RT/SE Hemi car that was destroyed back in the 80s by a drunk teen playing DOH out in his father's field).  The car was cut up and sold in pieces later (Wish I had the # info off of that one....) 

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 18, 2006, 06:20:48 PM
an R/T S.E. Hemi?..  :P

IIRC they did make such in 1970

I think the definition of how many cars are "remaining" has changed.  Ten years ago, a rusted pile of parts would not have been counted as a "remaining" car, but we just saw a burned-out AND rusted-out Daytona sell on eBay for $40,600...   :o

By extension then, I guess there are now more cars "remaining" than there were ten years ago?

:shruggy: :scratchchin:

Blown70

Gene,

Not to disagree with the master here.  But IIRC a certain very good friend of mine actually owns a 1970 Charger R/T SE with a Hemi and 4spd.  I actually asked and IIRC what he told me 4 were built.  I had the same quiry about there only being R/T cars.  This one is almost done being restored.

This a person will a large knowledge base.

I will ask to be sure again, but I know I have not lost that much info in my brain (YET)

Tom

hemigeno

In 1970 they did make a Hemi RT/SE, but I don't believe it was available in '69.  I thought that's what I was saying, but it may have come out wrong.

Sorry if I was too confusing - it's been a long day...

Blown70

Quote from: hemigeno on July 03, 2006, 06:01:19 PM
In 1970 they did make a Hemi RT/SE, but I don't believe it was available in '69.  I thought that's what I was saying, but it may have come out wrong.

Sorry if I was too confusing - it's been a long day...

YEP you said it right.... I am the one having the long day.......Sorry.

Tom

hemigeno

Quote from: Blown70 on July 03, 2006, 06:06:17 PM

YEP you said it right.... I am the one having the long day.......Sorry.

Tom

No problems, Tom!  Gotta keep me honest y'know...

:cheers:

Kirkvkid

Hows that old saying go?  We kill/destroy every one we see, and then build a monument to the last remaining one. :rotz:

I found mine a few months ago.  No motor, tranny, or hood; but with new quarters and trunk pan installed (badly).  Over the last few years I passed over way too many nice cars (in today's standards) that I thought were too pricey for their condition (in yesterday's prices).  Oh well.  Just keep your eyes peeled, they are out there.
-Sal

AirborneSilva

And there are those telling me to just part out my R/T  :rotz:

Lowprofile

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 14, 2006, 10:10:40 AM

Never sell it ,bro. These days, almost all of them can be fixed. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Lowprofile on July 14, 2006, 03:48:18 PM

That's my thinking and the way the prices are going up it will pay in the long run to fix it...

Lowprofile

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 14, 2006, 04:48:51 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on July 14, 2006, 03:48:18 PM

That's my thinking and the way the prices are going up it will pay in the long run to fix it...

You need to find yourself a donor car, some four door B-body with good rear frame rails, etc..... Scavenge all the parts you need, junk the rest, and put your Charger back together.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

AirborneSilva

Yeah I do need a donor car but I need a Charger donor car since I need pretty much the whole rear lower half of the car replaced...

Lowprofile

I might be wrong, but I think other than the sheetmetal, the underside if the B-Bodies are all the same.  :thumbs:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

AirborneSilva

I might be wrong too but I do think you are right.  I would still need the rear quarters and some patch peices for around the rear window (that them butt wipes at HLPAG said was in great shape and not in need of fixing).  I also need the floor pans too but they could be the same on all B bodies, I really don't know...

TheAutoArchaeologist

Check out my image account below... they are still out there.

Ryan