News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody have a C 500 or Daytona with the interior removed? I need a pic...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, June 17, 2006, 01:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Anybody have a C500 or Daytona with the interior removed ? I need a picture of where the rear package shelf meets the window plug -from the inside of the car facing out towards the rear of the car. The cardboard package shelf liner needs to be removed so I can see the area under it. I'm finishing up my homemade rear window plug and I need to see what Creative Industries did in this area... :smilie_help:

69_500

Are you just wanting a picture of the package tray? Or the entire interior of the car without seats and headliner?

hemigeno

I'll try and get the photos you need tomorrow at work.  My car's package tray is MIA, so it'll be no problem to snap off what you are looking for. 

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on June 18, 2006, 04:27:18 PM
Are you just wanting a picture of the package tray? Or the entire interior of the car without seats and headliner?

Before I can weld my Homemade steel rear window plug in, I need to fabricate the mounting points for the headliner "teeth", and the mounts for the interior plastic trim beneath the window, and I need to figure out whatever keeps the package tray "cardboard" from flopping around in the breese where it tucks up under the back window. So far I think I've got the headliner teeth mounting figured out, but the area directly below the back window remains a mystery to me...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemigeno on June 18, 2006, 08:34:47 PM
I'll try and get the photos you need tomorrow at work.  My car's package tray is MIA, so it'll be no problem to snap off what you are looking for. 

Sounds good, Geno. That would be a big help...

hemigeno

OK, here are some pictures I took - if you need more than what I've shown, let me know.

hemigeno

Three more...  The last one highlights a screw that is still in place holding remnants of the headliner.  That's how they tried to stretch the headliner tight between the glass (at the teeth) and the package tray.  This screw would have been concealed by the tray.  Fairly crude arrangement, and if you look very closely at a 500 or Daytona in this area, the headliner is always pretty rough looking there.

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks, Gene. These pics are exactly what I needed. To say I was over complicating this area in my mind is an understatement. I had all kinds of wild ideas of how I was going to mount the "teeth" and the package shelf, but from your pictures it's plain to see that it's a faily simple arrangement as far as the "teeth" go and it looks like the package tray "cardboard" gets stuffed between the little sheet metal "shelf" and the lower rear window plastic trim...simple enough  ;)

Thanks again, Gene. All of the pictures you've posted for me (there's been a lot of 'em)  have been a HUGE help.

hemigeno

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

I think when we get going on my Daytona's restoration, the pictures (and there will be a BUNCH of them) from the disassembly and reassembly will be great reference material.  I may need to talk to Troy about whether it makes sense to put them all online, or whether the CliffNotes version is appropriate.  I am not sure how much bandwidth or costs we're talking about yet - it's a little soon.

In the meantime, I really am glad that the car is of some use...

69_500

I for one enjoy any pictures of the wing cars, regardless of their current status in restoration or lack there of. A wing car is a wing car. Done or not, its still a Daytona. Something I don't have, but man I want so badly.