News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vinyl top daytona

Started by tan top, June 18, 2006, 03:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

never been registered   **Inactive Link Removed**

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Where is Dave? Better yet where are the guys from Dayclona. I believe they have information on this car. I had talked to them about it last year at Carlisle.

BigBlockSam

where you been dayclona is gone from this site. 

QuotePrice: $495,000 OBO   

wow, thats a lot of money
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

I know of this car it is the one recorded as the newport rhode island museum car in the 79 records.That B5 car might be JW walters car in WI.The other B5 daytona that was never titled was the Billy Card daytona of of NY

.Newport Auto Museum In RI. Ive heard they might have a daytona in there XX29L9B390009. that sold brand new in Providence RI.

dayclona

Re: Daytona with vinyl top?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: chargervert on January 06, 2006, 12:03:36 AM
The B5 blue car from Mass,had a vynal top on it.The car had 4000 original miles on it,but was repainted,and I beleve that the top was dealer installed.

Hey Vert! .........The "Mass wingcar" family owned never titled, never registered, in storage all it life!"dealer demo"  actual milage 11,000 vinyal top installed by upholstery shop,local........repainted B5/ stripe painted on( original finish was tired from years of being fondled by wingars in the showroom where it sat much of its life, repainted, put in storage), wire wheels, original magnum rims in trunk(4), jacks were gone?,........no rust, no body/paint damage, interior exc. cond........car is pretty much original excluding paint, rims, "dealer vinyal".....studied this car for quite a few years as it sat in storage! ( and no, I won't release/print the cars #, vin, location, you wingars out there think that #''s list is accurate? unless you've seen the cars, know their history, see the real paperwork!, the WWarriors "list" is "general" to say the least?)........the car in question had some unique "features" in its construction from creative Ind.......spoke with the owners, and the former service manager detailing the cars history,...............unfortunitly, due to family matters, the car was sold.........waiting to see when this one becomes public again, and what BS stories might be told! 
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/QuickSearch.cfm?Category=1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C6%2C8&Make=Dodge&Model=Daytona&Year1=&Year2=&Price1=&Price2=&Zip=&Distance=0&SearchText=&SearchButton=Search

You auta tell them you saw the ad in AutaBuy when you call or email.

1969 DODGE CHARGER DAYTONA

Never registered or titled. Privately owned 36 years. 440 4 bbl, auto, console, PS, PDB, Light Group, 3 speed wipers, sport steering wheel, chrome stamped road wheels In trunk. Every nut and bolt except paint and left muffler are original. I have the original Manufacturer's Statement of Origin dated 3/22/1969, also IBM card. Runs and drives like new and has under {{{10K miles}}}.

Price: $495,000 OBO.The "Mass wingcar" family owned never titled, never registered, in storage all it life!"dealer demo"  {{{{{{actual milage {{{{{{11,000}}}}}}} vinyal top.AD SAYS UNDER 10'000 original miles???   . RKORNET

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemigeno

It's interesting that they say the MSO is dated 3/22/69.  While I'm not 100% familiar with how MSO's work, it seems implausible that the paperwork would precede the car's initial Hamtramck production by almost two months.  IIRC 390009 shows a 5/20/69 SPD.

Any other ideas on this?

Bluestar

This is the car I saw sitting on the Brockton Dodge showroom floor around 1987ish.  I remember the Wynns sticker on the wing.  The bodywork at the time was pretty wavy.  Lasty I had heard was that this car was in a museum in New England.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ghoste

I don't.  They don't trouble me on the Birds but it seems to take all the sleekness away from the Daytona.  To my eyes anyway.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on June 19, 2006, 04:29:29 AM
I don't.  They don't trouble me on the Birds but it seems to take all the sleekness away from the Daytona.  To my eyes anyway.

And they never even put the "Charger" script back on........  ::)

Nice car, but I'm not a vinyl-top-car-guy concerning the Aero-Dodges..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

I dont know how they can call it "Original" with a repaint and all the mods...
I guess it's a relitive term.. i dont like the v. top either, or the wheels, or the way the stripe was painted...
I wonder if that's a stock color?...

hemi68charger

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 19, 2006, 10:44:57 AM
I guess it's a relitive term.. i dont like the v. top either, or the wheels, or the way the stripe was painted...

At least they didn't use the term "survivor".. lol

I guess if it was "All-Original" it would have been different.. lol
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 19, 2006, 10:57:45 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on June 19, 2006, 10:44:57 AM

At least they didn't use the term "survivor".. lol

I guess if it was "All-Original" it would have been different.. lol

:yesnod:

PS Hey Troy are you under water right now in Houston?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

A383Wing

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but the rear stripe with the "DAYTONA" in it is way too far up on the quarter panel. I do like the top...

Bryan 

69_500

There are a few things I don't car for on the car, but a more that I do love. First of all its a Daytona. Who doesn't love that?

B5 blue love that color on a Daytona.

Hate the top though. Liked the vinyl top on the 500 my dad had, hate it on Daytona's.

THE CHARGER PUNK

the way that stripe has the wording ''daytona'' so far up seems 2 me that the former owner was a fan of nascar and a fan of the 88# buddy baker daytona-MATT

link--------------->http://aerowarriors.com/jpgs/wci882.jpg

Ghoste

Is that top blue or black?

69_500

Blue as far as I can tell and have been told.

Ghoste

That might be what turns me off on that car then.  The more I looked at it, the more I thought it was blue.  I still don't think I like the vinyl on a Daytona but I think that car would look better if it were black.  Just a personal opinion though.
Love the B5.

Brock Samson

at least you can find it inna parking lot..

69_500

Yeah that giant towel rack on the back makes it easy to identify in a parking lot. :)

2fast4u

Quote from: 69_500 on June 21, 2006, 07:24:46 PM
Yeah that giant towel rack on the back makes it easy to identify in a parking lot. :)

Unfortunately that would still be a problem in our lil towns local Wal-Mart parking lot.......too many full size vans and 4X4 pickups around here.     Unless of course you have a remote alarm system on your Daytona/Superbird!    But then again......who in there right mind would drive there precious metal to a parking lot like that anyway.
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

69_500

I've drove the 500 to the local Walmart. Drove it to the theater the other day to take my boy to see the movie Cars.

They are cars, they are meant to be driven.

2fast4u

I only say precious metal because I would prefer to see more of these cars out in the open....in everyday traffic.   But guys who spend as much on these kind of cars usually don't unless it's close or a special event or occasion.
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

WINGMAN

Well i have driven my Daytona not to wall mart but barns and nobal ( To buy a new mopar magazine ), Best buy ( Came out and found people taking pictures of it ) And down to the Dodge Dealership ware i work and parked way out back only to have people thinking it was a trade in and wanted to testdrive it, get the F out of here. I have had  lots of mopars down through the years and got lots of looks in this Chevy town but when i got my Daytona it is just unbelivable how much attention it gets. I love it when i go to the local cruse and park next to all the mustangs and chevys ( Whos owners wont look it the Daytona ) And a friend comes up while i am standing next to all the x-brand people and says ( How do you feel heaving the most expensive car here ) i just laugh. :icon_smile_big:
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,