News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Headliner removal question

Started by #s Matching, August 16, 2005, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#s Matching

I intend to remove and eventually replace (next spring/summer) the headliner from my 69 Charger R/T and I was wondering if there was anything specific I should be noting during the removal. The liner is original and is discolored with possible water damaged near the back by the sails.  I may install the new headliner myself (preferred route) or have it professional done.  Either way, other than photographing the process, what should I be aware of?

Thanx
#s Matching - 74 Charger SE, 74 Charger Rallye, 69 Charger R/T

eSJayDee

#s Matching

#s Matching

I got my headliner down last weekend and I thought I would share a few pics for anyone interested.

What the best way to treat the under side of the roof now that I have the headliner out?  It appears to have been left as bare metal from the factory.

#s Matching

A few more pics.

Spartan

Did you replace the sail panels by the rear windows? I am looking to do the same thing.   I have the headliner material and am having someone install it but to save some $$ and stop any rust if there is anything under it I figured I would clean it up before I get it done.   I saw Y1 sells a solid sail panel and a peferated one, I'm not sure what is supposed to be in there since I have never seen it.   Is it usually rusty under the liner?  Mine is a 69.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Dale The Bold

I'm going to borrow #s Matching's photo to ask another question.  How do I find more of those little clips that hold the piece that I've highlighted below?  Mine is missing a few.  And when I tried reinstalling it, it didn't stay put very well (even with enough clips).  So I must have been doing it wrong.

Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

#s Matching

Regardless of the piece you're after, I unfortunately can't be of any help.   However, here is a another pic showing the clips.   Do you mean the large silver clips that hold the steel paint piece of trim on or the small black clips that help anchor the headliner at the bows?

Dale The Bold

Quote from: #s Matching on August 30, 2005, 11:17:43 PM
Regardless of the piece you're after, I unfortunately can't be of any help.   However, here is a another pic showing the clips.   Do you mean the large silver clips that hold the steel paint piece of trim on or the small black clips that help anchor the headliner at the bows?

Yes.  Those are the clips I need more of.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

MTPOCKET

Do you have a pic of the little bow rods in the back and how they go? Thank You.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Dale The Bold on November 22, 2005, 11:37:07 AM
Quote from: #s Matching on August 30, 2005, 11:17:43 PM

Yes.   Those are the clips I need more of.

I know that most of the resto suppliers carry the black clips. Yearone for sure. Probably many others.
The other clips: I haven't looked into those yet.

derailed

I have my headliner out of the car right now ill take a pic of the bows in the back.  Legendary sells all the clips for the headliner. I bought new ones for the top that hold it in along the sides, I think there is 6 on each side, they were around $20